Chapter Seventeen

"Is she going to be okay?" Sean asked twiddling with his fingers.

"I hope she will. Obviously she had an overdose and passed out on the ground. It's a good thing you found her or later she would've been dead." The doctor stated.

"No really, I thought she would get up and do a dance or two." Sean responded sarcastically.

The doctor gave Sean a glare before he left the waiting room. Adam and Sean went back to sit down. Sean went back to his original spot, though Adam didn't. He sat down next to Sean, who had his hands over his face with his elbows resting on his knees.

"What was with the attitude back there?" Adam asked.

Sean looked up from his hands. "I cannot stand doctors. I know exactly what happened to her. They talk to you like your dumb."

Adam backed away.

"Geez, okay. Didn't need the snap. All I did was ask a simple question. I'm going to go to let you cool down." Adam said raising both hands up in surrender.

"No, don't go. I'm sorry. All this is just making me stressed. At the same time, Mark didn't help me when I called him earlier." Sean said putting he face back into his hands.

Adam sat back in the chair and crossed his arms. He took a deep sigh and looked around the room.

The elderly lady from before had set down her newspaper and was now knitting a sweater. The couple was now gone from their sets and probably in the office. Adam tried to keep every detail, but it didn't seem to happen.

---

What seemed like ten minutes later, Sean finally lifted up his head. His eyes felt groggy and droopy. A slight migraine kicked in which made Sean wince. He pulled out his phone and checked the time.

5:41 p.m.

Suddenly, Sean's stomach rumbled. He got up and stretched. When Sean looked around, he saw that Adam wasn't there. Sean sighed and walked out of the hospital.

Walking out into the streets, the sun seemed to be slowly starting to fall, and the sky was a bright orange. But though the sky was beautiful, people seemed to be hurrying for dinner.

Sean walked the nearest restaurant near the hospital. He took a seat for one and ordered a beer. The waiter came back, took his order, and walked away.

Sean was alone again.

He looked around and saw families together, couples talking and laughing, elders talking to one another, and the waiters rushing to get the food on the tables.

Sean looked in front of him. There was no one to talk to, no one to laugh with, no one to talk about life with, no to do anything with.

After half his beer was done, and his food still wasn't at his table. Sean kept checking his phone, as well as Y/n's. As he was sitting there, the radio in the restaurant sang.

"I'm cutting my mind off, it feels like my heart is going to burst. Alone at a table for two and I just wanna be served."

Sean sat there, head in his hands. The song sang to him as he cried. He wanted Y/n, he wanted to go home, he wanted to just lay down in his home bed and not worry about his girlfriend anymore.

When his plate came, he picked at it and only ate half of it. He played with it with his fork and just stared at it. Suddenly, his phone rang. He picked it up and answered it.

"Hello." Sean said groggily.

"Sean, come back to the hospital, please..."