Chapter Nine

Sean sat in place from where he was sitting in his bed. The phone slipped out of his loose grip and fell to the floor. Mark quickly picked up the phone and tried giving it back to Sean, but he was frozen in place. Mark finally gave up and put the phone to his ear to talk to Y/n for his friend.

"What happened? Why isn't Sean answering me?"Mark herd Y/n mumble on the other side of the phone.

"H-hey, this is Mark. Um, Sean is frozen in place right now and so I took his phone, after trying to give it to him multiple times but failed because, again, he's frozen, literally, in place. I don't know why." Mark explained chuckling a small bit.

"Oh okay. Well, I have to go to eat soon but tell Sean to pick me up around five.....wait............never mind. Tell him that I won't be coming home until the other date. I changed my mind. Um, talk to you later then." Then she hung up.

Mark was confident at this point. He wanted to know what was going on a) and b) he also wanted to know why she changed her mind so quickly. Mark locked Sean's phone and put it on the bedside table. He shut off the lights, walked out of the room, and went to bed.

***

The next morning, on the other side of the Atlantic, Y/n laid in her bed, staring at the ceiling and being very careful on moving her legs. Her phone was on her stomach with her hands covering half of it. She was very home sick and wanted Sean with her. There was a knock, breaking the very small silence overcoming Y/n's bedroom she was staying in.

"Come in." Y/n said very merely, looking at the door.

Adam walked in, then shut the door behind him. He walked over to Y/n's bed and asked if he could sit. She said yes, of course. Adam sat and took a deep sigh.

"Could you help me sit up? Please...?" Y/n asked quietly, not looking at Adam but the ceiling again.

Adam, very gently, grabbed Y/n's body and sat her up right. Y/n tried to hold in her pain that struck in her legs, but kept it in as well as she possibly could.

After a few minutes of silence after Adam sat her up in place, Y/n took a deep sigh and tears spilled out. Adam looked at her and went over to give her a big hug, which she returned.

"I miss Sean." Y/n cried into Adam's shoulder.

Adam rubbed her back and felt like an idiot. He didn't know exactly why but part of it was that he couldn't help Y/n. Or could he?

"Y/n, stop crying. I will be right back, okay. Wipe those tears away. I'll be right back." Adam said.

He parted with Y/n and left out the door. He pulled out his phone and called someone he knew would do the trick.

"Hey! Can you help me please..."