Chapter Forty-Seven

Sean and Y/n laid in the pull out bed asleep. Small flutters of snow hit the window pane outside. The sun shined through the opened curtain window. The television was on playing Rick and Morty. The sound of the tv was full but the sounds of sizzling came from the kitchen. The house was filled with warmth on the nice Valentine's Day.

Walking in quietly, Charlie walked into the living room and sat on the recliner, her legs crisscrossed. She looked over to see that Sean and Y/n were still asleep cuddling each other. Charlie's lips formed a smile as she looked at the tv. After a few minutes, Charlie got up and headed back to the kitchen.

A few minutes after Charlie left, Y/n shuffled in the bed. A deep sigh escaped her lips as she stretched. She then switched positions she was in and laid there. After a few seconds Y/n slowly opened her eyes, suddenly being blinded by the light. She squinted her eyes and looked up at the tv, seeing that Rick and Morty was playing. In the background she could hear the sizzling coming from the kitchen.

Y/n got up after another long stretch. Slowly, trying not to wake up Sean, she got up and headed towards the kitchen, rubbing her eyes. Her steps were heavy and tired. Once she finally made it, she sat on the barstool and rubbed her eyes to wake up. Charlie saw her walk in and smiled.

"Morning sleepyhead." Charlie said.

"Morning." Replied a groggily Y/n still rubbing her eyes.

"How was your sleep?" Charlie asked turning over the bacon.

"Cold. Then it got warm. It was good." Y/n replied, yawning right after.

"Cold?" Charlie questioned.

"I fell asleep out in the snow." Y/n said.

Charlie's lips formed an "o" as she nodded her head. She put the fork down that was in her hands and turned around. When she did turn around, she saw Y/n had a hand holding up her head as she was falling asleep. Charlie chuckled as she watched Y/n's head drop waking her up.

"You good?" Charlie chuckled.

"Mhm." Y/n hummed, her eyes still shut.

Just then Sean walked in, his eyes half open. He did the same as Y/n. He walked in, sat on a barstool, and rubbed his eyes.

"Good morning." Charlie said.

"Morning." Sean replied in a deep groggily voice.

In the eyes of Charlie, the couple looked like walking zombies. They were slowly dozing off then waking up every time their heads dropped. Charlie rolled her eyes and went back to finishing breakfast.

"How long were you up-"

Before Charlie could finish, the sound of snores filled her ears. Charlie turned around as saw both Y/n and Sean passed out on the counter. Y/n's arms were crossed as her head rested on the corner of her elbow. Sean's head was touching the cold counter as his arms were crossed in front of his head. Charlie chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"I guess I'm eating breakfast alone today." Charlie said to herself.

- - -

"Thanks for helping me move them to the bed." Charlie said putting the blanket over Y/n's shoulder.

"Not a problem. I didn't have anything to do anyways so I was glad to come over and help." Adam replied putting his hands on his hips.

Charlie looked up at him and smiled. Adam smiled back down at her. Then both of them looked back at the sleeping two in the bed.

"How long did they stay up last night?" Adam asked.

"I don't know. I was about to ask the same question but before I could finish both of them were passed out. Cold." Charlie said.

"They are obviously not morning people." Adam joked.

Charlie let out a breathy laugh. "I guess."

There was a pause. Charlie and Adam stood there watching Sean and Y/n sleep. For a moment, they watched Sean wrap an arm around Y/n and pull her closer. Then after they got bored and decided to keep watching whatever was now on tv.

"What are you doing for Valentine's Day today?" Adam asked watching the tv.

"Nothing. No one really cares about me so I'm just going to stay here." Charlie shrugged as she changed the tv channels.

Adam paused before he spoke up. "Come to dinner with me."

Charlie stopped surfing the channels. She looked over at Adam with a shock expression on her face.

"What?" Charlie asked.

Adam chuckled. "You heard me. Come to dinner with me. Just as friends."

Charlie sat there and thought about it for a bit.

A smile formed on Charlie's lips. "Yeah. I will."

Adam became shocked. "You actually will?"

Charlie chuckled. "You heard me." She quoted Adam.

"Okay. I'll pick you up at five." Adam said.

"Okay. I'll be ready." Charlie smiled.

Adam smiled back. He got up and left. Charlie sighed and leaned back in the recliner. A big smile was plastered on her face. She sat there and thought about what she would wear, what they would talk about, where they would go.

Throughout her thinking. A loud snore snapped Charlie back into reality. She jumped and looked over at Sean and Y/n. She rolled her eyes and went back channel surfing.