Chapter Twenty-One

A few weeks later...

It was early morning, 8:14 a.m. to be exact. She was sitting in here room, a ledge next to the window. A blanket was draped around her shoulders while a cup of coffee was wrapped in her hands. Her back was against the wall and her knees were propped up. Soft calm music was playing in the background.

A knock suddenly broke her silence. She looked over at the door and whispered "come in." There, Adam walked into the room. He closed the door behind him and sighed.

Y/n looked back out the window while she took a sip of her coffee. Adam took a another sigh and went to sit at her desk.

After five minutes of silence, Adam finally spoke up.

"A have news for you." Adam said quietly.

"If it's about Sean, I want you to-"

"It's not about Sean! Will you stop with him already!" Adam snapped.

Y/n set down her unfinished coffee onto the floor and brought her knees closer to her chest. She wrapped her arms around them and set her head on her knees. Small hot tears came out of her eyes.

Adam sighed again. "I'm sorry to snap. I'm just getting kind of sick of hearing say that you're done with Sean. You honestly aren't. How do I know? I can tell. You miss-"

"What was the news you came to tell me?" Y/n interrupted, not wanting to hear about Sean at the moment.

Adam sat back onto the chair. "Do you know a Charlie?"

Y/n slowly sat up straight. She was finally looking at Adam with huge wide eyes. He hands were shaking in her lap.

"C-Charlie?" Y/n stuttered.

Adam looked concerned. "Yes. Charlie. She used to have blue hair and glasses? I believe a nose ring as well."

Y/n froze.

---

"What's your name?"

"M-me? M-my name!? Oh, my name I-is Charlie."

~~

"You are my friend."

"What?"

~~

"Why are you saying sorry?"

"You went through so much. I could tell in just that little bit of the text you sent. I feel bad and I, well, we can make it up to you. Sean and I."

"No. You already did so much today. You don't need to make it up to me."

"No, we are going to make it up to ya."

~~

"Y/n!! We're gonna die!!"

"Just believe Charlie. We're going to be okay. I promise!"

---

"CHARLIE!!!" Y/n shouted.

Y/n got up and ran out the door. Downstairs, she put on her slip ons and grabbed the keys off the rack and ran out the door.

Everything now was a blur for Y/n. Cars seemed to be going in slow motion. Everyone who looked at her looked like they had no faces. The trees and the grass and the ground were just blurred out. All Y/n wanted was the hospital and Charlie.

Up at the counter, Y/n had eyes of determination. Though they were wide and she was panting heavily, she wanted to see Charlie.

"I'm looking for Charlie. She was in the airplane accident eight months ago and I was here with her. She has blue hair and had a nose piercing and glasses." Y/n said gripping onto the counter.

"What's her last name?" The receptionist asked.

"I don't know her last name! All I know is that she was here!!" Uh...uh...room 76." Y/n frantically said.

"Room 76....let's see. Umm, unfortunately she was discharged five months ago." The receptionist said not looking up from her computer.

Y/n'a heart shattered. Her face dropped and tears were thrusting to come from the back of her eyes.

"Do you know where she went? Did she say anything?" Y/n asked frantically.

"Ma'am, it was five months ago. I wouldn't remember anything. Now, unless there is someone else you know that's here or your in trouble, get out of the hospital and go home." The woman said.

Y/n looked at the woman. She gripped onto the counter really hard and gave her a look of anger. Then, Y/n's face dropped, the hands fell to the side, and she left the building.

With her head hung low, Y/n walked to the nearest bench she could find. Small tears rolled down her cheeks and fell onto her thigh.

Y/n looked up at the morning sky and yelled.

"Why can't anything in my life go right?!" Y/n asked.

More tears spilled from her eyes. Then, a slight noise came from the distance. It sounded like it was calling her name.

She stood up to where the sound was coming from. She could see a figure running towards her.

"Y/N!!!!!"