Chapter Forty-Four

"When are you leaving?" Y/n asked as she checked the waffles.

"In two days." Sean replied. He sat on the counter watching Y/n.

"What's today?" Y/n asked with a face of curiousness.

"Today is Monday, February 13th." Sean replied putting down his phone.

Y/n stood there thinking. Then, it clicked in her mind.

"Tomorrow is Valentine's Day!" Y/n said with shock.

Y/n looked over at Sean who had a smile on his face. It all clicked in her head all at once. She playfully smacked Sean's arm then went back to make another waffle.

"You little sneaky ba-"

"Surprise." Sean said jumping down off the counter.

Sean walked up to Y/n and wrapped his arms around her waist. He looked down at her and smiled as she wrapped her hands around his neck.

Sean leaned in and gave her one, two, three pecks before giving her a kiss on the lips. As they parted, Y/m'a face went to disappointment.

"What's wrong?" Sean asked worriedly.

"You're leaving right after Valentine's Day. Now I'm sad." Y/n said parting away from Sean.

Sean reached out and grabbed her hand before she walked any further. Y/n looked down to see his hand in hers. She looked back up as Sean did the same.

"What was that for?" Y/n asked.

"I-I don't know." Sean said letting go of her hand.

Sean stood there awkwardly as Y/n went back to finish up the last batch of waffles. Once she was done, she gave Sean a plate. They both ate in silence.

---

"Sean! I'm going out for a walk!" Y/n called out putting on her coat.

Sean rushed down the stairs. "Okay. Do you want me to come with?" Sean's eyebrow was raised.

Y/n stared at him. Her hand was on the door knob, slowly but surely twisting it. Sean was slowly walking towards her as if to get his coat and boots on.

"I-I..."

"Y/n, I only have two days left." Sean said walking closer.

Y/n panicked. Instead of answering, she opened the door and ran out, slamming it behind her. Sean blinked and shook his head. He looked down at he ground and started walking back upstairs.

---

A knock on the window startled Sean as he sat in Y/n's room. He had been alone at the house for at least three hours and he had been getting worried.

Sean looked over at the window to see Y/n on the tree outside the window. Sean dropped what was in his hand and walked over to the window. Preparing for the cold, he opened the window, letting the cold breeze hit his body.

"What are you doing? It's freezing! Also, you've been gone for more than three hours!! Where were you?" Sean asked worriedly crossing his arms tightly.

"I know I was gone. I'm sorry. But get ready and meet me at the front door outside. I want to take you somewhere." Y/n smiled.

"But what about-"

Y/n jumped down from the tree, out of Sean's sight. Sean took a sigh, leaving his air visible in the cold. He closed the window and went to get dressed.

Sean put on a regular blue shirt along with a pair of skinny jeans. He slipped on a new pair of socks and ruffled up his hair until it looked decent. Sean then headed downstairs where he put on his black coat on and his black boots. He slipped on his dark green beanie and grabbed a pair of black gloves.

Once he finished, Sean grabbed the door knob and opened up the door. Sean jumped when he saw Y/n standing right at the door with a smile plastered on her face. Sean cussed under his breath and held his heart.

"You scared the crap out of me!" Sean said regaining himself.

"C'mon scaredy-cat! We got places to be!" Y/n grabbed Sean's hand and pulled him out into the cold night air.

Sean closed the door behind him as he was being dragged out into the winter night. Once they were finally settled, Sean intertwined his mittened fingers into hers. Y/n looked up at Sean and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. Sean smiled and stared at his feet as the snow crunched under his boots.

---

To be continued...

This took long I know. But school has started and I haven't been able to stay up to normally update my books. Also, I have soccer games in the morning so I don't usually have time to update then either.

I'm really sorry for the delay.