Chapter Twenty-Two

"Y/N!!!!!"

Y/n shot up from the bench and looked over to where her name was being called from. From a distance, she knew who it was and her fists balled up.

The faded green blob that bounced up and down showed that she knew someone she didn't want to see was running near her.

"Y/n!!"

It was repeated but more crisp. The accent was sharp like a needle stabbed into a voodoo doll. That voice made her heart beat faster in rage.

Y/n stood there, watching the man run up to her as her fists turned white. Her face stained with tears but her eyes of fierce anger.

She wanted him gone...

When he arrived, he dropped his hands on his knees and panted hard and heavy. His forehead covered in sweat. His upper body rising up and then back down.

He stared at her white fists, then stood up straight and took a foot back. His eyes averted to her face. Her eyes puffy red but inside was anger. Pure anger.

Without any words exchanged, not one peep, Y/n's hand was brought up in a swing and slapped him hard across the face.

His eyes widened as he brought his hand to his now stinging cheek.

"What was that for?!" He finally spoke in shock.

"You deserve it you prick." Y/n exclaimed folding her arms across her chest.

"I didn't even say one word and you slapped me!" He started yelling.

"I don't care Sean! You've done more to me than- you know what, I'm not even going to talk about it." Y/n exclaimed throwing her hands in the air.

She turned on her heels and went to walk away. But something stopped her.

Y/n's eyes widened...

There stood Charlie. Her hair faded blue. The piercings that we once on her face had left. The heavy makeup that she wore is now winged eyeliner with a natural please with it. But that didn't catch Y/n's attention.

Charlie's eyes did.

Y/n noticed that they were wide open, as well as hers. But Charlie's were wider. They were filled with confusion and sadness. Tears formed in the corner of her eyes.

"Charlie..." Y/n whispered.

"What was that?" Charlie answered pointing at Sean.

Y/n turned around to look at Sean, who had small tears spilling and his head was low. A hand cupped his cheek where Y/n had hit him but through the hand Y/n could see a visible handprint.

Y/n looked back at Charlie, who's tears were falling slowly one by one out of the corner of her eyes.

Y/n was full of regret. She was speechless and she didn't know what to say. She opened her mouth, closed it, opened it again, then closed it again.

"It's not what it looks like..." Y/n chocked out.

"Then what is it? I'm not stupid Y/n. I'm twenty two. I know what you just did. Look at him, he's crying. What did you do to him?" Charlie asked becoming upset.

Y/n and Charlie got locked in eye contact. Y/n eyes averted left and right into Charlie's, trying to find an answer.

Y/n broke eye contact and turned around. She took a step forward toward Sean but he backed away, his hands up signaling Y/n to stay away.

Y/b ignored his signal and got closer to him. Y/n swung her hands and Sean flinched at her touch.

It didn't sting...

Y/n averted Sean's face to face hers. With Y/n's hands carefully cupping each cheek, she tried to look into his eyes.

"Look at me." Y/n whispered.

"No..." Sean whispered back in pain.

"I said look at me. I'm not fighting with you. Look at me." Y/n answered.

Sean's eyes shot right into hers. Both of their eyes moved back and forth to each other's, trying to find an answer.

Charlie stood back and watching in awe. She didn't want to interfere with the two but she wanted to get a closer understanding on what was going on. She took a few steps forward which made Sean's eyes shoot toward her. Charlie hooked her hands behind her back and whispered sorry.

Sean looked back into Y/n's averting eyes. Then, she sighed. She glanced over the handprint on Sean's cheek. Her fingers carefully traced over it.

Y/n pulled away. She looked at Sean one last time. Y/n then turned around and walked away.

Charlie glanced over at Sean, gave him a small, weak smile, then started chasing after Y/n.

Leaving Sean all alone on the sidewalk...