Day 36.

I woke up ten hours later, to a bright bright room.

The sun was too bright for my eyes and I didn't like it.

However this time two doctors were already in my room by the time I woke up.

Immediately they talked to me.

"You need the surgery." The one on the left blankly said to me.

I didn't feel my body react. Again, I just looked at him with my eyes not even steady and open, and taking big breaths from my mask.

"The treatment hasn't been working and we're sure something else is wrong."

Great.

"We're going to ask you questions, blink twice for yes blink once for no, okay?"

I blinked twice.

"Perfect." The one on the right read his clipboard. "Have you been feeling pain?"

Dumb question.

Of course I have.

"In the arms, the chest and joints?"

I said yes.

"How about your throat?"

Again the answer was yes.

"Have you been feeling pain in bones and or feel as if your skin is agitated?"

Recently I have, and it had been making me feel agitated.

"Last question." He checked off the boxes for the yes answers, I assume.

"Have you experienced pain in the abdomen or middle back?"

I didn't want to blink again so I croaked out a tiny "yes." And he wrote it down.

The two doctors exchanged looks of worry and then looked down at the clipboard.

"Lee Jihoon you're one of our most difficult patients, I'll tell you that."

I didn't really understand what he meant.

"You're the only patient in this area who's case has been the most troublesome to figure out. It's taken us a long time to find your diagnosis, which has never happened before with previous patients."

He said like it would make me feel better.

"But we'll be back tomorrow and give you your possible diagnosis for sure. We're not giving up." He smiled and stood up.

"If you feel any discomfort tell someone and they'll help."

They really won't do a good job at it.

~~~
Soonyoung came and practicality ran into the room once he saw I was awake.

He went on about how he was so worried. "I was so afraid! Are you okay now? What happened, do you need anything I can get you?"

By that time I got used to my voice. "I don't need anything." I reassure.

He had a puppy look on his face of sadness as he kneeled on the floor and rested the top part of his body on my bed as he held my hand.

"You know you're a big fighter Jihoon. You're going to kick what ever this thing is away. I know you'll do that." He murmured through the blanket.

I smiled a bit. "I'll do it for you." I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Keep fighting then, because I'm also fighting for you too." He replied.

He always had a way to cheer me up.