Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I waved to Michael as he drove away. Another boring day that’d I probably come to hate. Maybe a bomb will fall from the sky. Someone! Quick! Initiate World War three, the target sight can be the school! Wouldn’t that solve all of our problems?

I trudge up the school steps. As usual, the halls were crowded. I had to literally elbow my way through. When I stumbled through on the other side I found Bianca waiting for me. My eyes widened as a murderous smile found a home on her face. I tried to get swallowed by the crowd again, it didn’t work; it was as if the people behind me had become an impenetrable wall, edging us on to fight.

Bianca and her cronies advanced on me. I bit my tongue from calling out. There was no one to call out to. I would have to stand my ground and hope for the best. As I straightened my posture their confidence faltered. I took the chance to scramble away from them.

Some how I managed to slip past them and down the hall. I sprinted deeper into the school. The click-clack of high heels echoed behind me. I turned the corner and sprinted right into the middle of a group of guys. Not just any group of guys, it was the hockey team. I doubled over out of breath. They’d catch me now.

“Brenna?” Tod asked. I looked up at him, worry etched on my face.

“She went this way!” One of the girls screeched. The noise was enough to make me want to run again. I stood up and ran right into Tod’s chest. Somewhere I found the strength and almost knocked him over.

“Calm down, what’s wrong?” I stopped again and looked at him. He looked worried. When I looked at the others they were too. I relaxed a little until I heard the horrible click-clack noise.

“Tod, I think I know,” one of the guys said. They must be coming right for us.

“Is that…Bianca?” he asked.

“Sure looks like her,” the same guy said.

The echoing noise got louder and louder until it came to a stop. My whole body tensed. I could feel their presence standing only inches away from me. I was still staring at Tod’s chest with his arms around me. This must be helping my cause, seeing how Bianca is his ex as of now.

“Tod, let got of her.”

“No I–”

“Let go of her now!” She screeched and stomped one of her feet like a two-year-old throwing a tantrum. I cringed and wrestled out of Tod’s arms.  I slowly turned aroudn to face Bianca. She was giving me the iciest glare ever.

“This is for stealing my boyfriend,” she yelled before slapping me. I didn’t feel a thing. Instead, I slapped her back. She was stunned as she stared at me. Hell, I was stunned I had just done that.

Bianca’s cronies’ mouths gaped. Bianca’s bottom lip started to tremble before she turned around and ran in the opposite direction. Relief washed over me. Thank God that’s over. A hand rested on my shoulder causing me to jump.

“That was unexpected,” Will breathed. I nodded without so much as a noise.

“I have to get to class.” I awkwardly walked away from the guys .

As usual I had Music first. I grabbed everything I would needed and headed towards the Music room. A raucous noise was already protruding from the classroom. I realized that the little confrontation with Bianca had set me back on time. Sighing I walked into the classroom and instantly noticed a change. Mr. Landor was missing.

“May I help you, Miss?” A guy that looked about twenty or nineteen asked.

“Uh, where’s Mr. Landor?”