There lying on the road was her sandal, and a little away was her phone all crashed with blood smeared onto it. My heart had stopped, but brushing away the negative thoughts, and mustering up the courage I stood up and picked the phone. It was all damaged so I couldnt exactly figure it out if that was even hers. I felt my vision blurred, when I saw a small roadside tea stall and walked towards it with shivering legs.

" Bhaiyya, yahan koi accident hua tha kya (Brother, did any accident occur here)?"

" Hanji, sahab. Bechari bitiya, car wale ne uda diya. Haspataal le gaye hain (Yes Sir. Poor girl, the driver rammed into her, has been taken to the hospital)" the man replied back.

I asked about the girl he was talking about and he told that she was some muslim girl, as she was wearing the scarf. Hearing this, I felt that the earth slipped from beneath my feet and I begged him to tell me the hospital. Thankfully he remembered the name on the ambulance and reaching my car I sped towards the hospital, praying all my way, to let her be safe.

"An accident case around two hours ago" I yelled at the receptionist, stopping myself from running.

"A girl in her 20s?" she asked raising her eyebrows devoid of any emotion and I nodded.

"She has been taken to the OT-" I didnt let her finish and ran towards the operation theater. I reached at the door and peeped in through the opening in the door, separating the room with a glass.

As soon as I laid my eyes on the girl inside, my world came crashing down on me as I held the wall for support. There she laid on the bed, lifeless, blood oozing out of her head while the doctors surrounding her.

The tears had now found their way out of my eyes, and I couldnt do anything to stop them, as I slid down the wall, burying my face in my hands, sobbing, cursing myself for leaving her alone. Instantly, the same image flashed infront of my eyes, which had been haunting me since the last week making me pull my hair in frustration.

The sound of the door opening had me looking up at the doctor who came out, and I stood up in a hurry and stopped him.

"How's she doctor?" I asked gulping down, stopping the sob ready to come out of my throat. The doctor looked at me in confusion.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"I-I am her h-husband" I replied seeing him relax a little.

"Thank god you are here. We couldnt find anything on her, so I was about to call the police. Anyways, unfortunately your wife is not fine. I am sorry to say this, but she is critical. She has lost a lot of blood and has received a deathly blow on her head. Her ribs and left leg are fractured, while her hands and her whole body have been badly hurt and bruised. We are doing the operation, but right now we cannot say anything. Its better if you call the family" he said and left, leaving me broken and shell shocked.

No..this cant be happening..

I staggered and leaned on the wall, all the while tears making their way down my face. It felt as if my heart would stop any minute, as I clutched onto my chest and sat on a chair. I dont know for how long I sat their and cried and kept praying to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala, to save her, to make her alright.

Taking a deep breath, and wiping away my tears, I took out my phone and dialled a number.

"Yazan?" came a groggy voice from the other end.