Bridge Chapter 2.

Start from the beginning

Prema scrunched her nose and returned his sour look "You will get virtual diabetes."

I threw my head back not able to contain my laughter at Prema's predicted 'virtual diabetes.'

"Shut up!" Paresh snapped as Prema gave him a smug look before turning to look at me. "Suvi you should be supporting me- not this bumble bee!"

"Bumble bee!" Prema huffed "Don't you give me weird names. And Suvarna di will support me- her family!"

"You are a bumble bee!" Paresh scoffed "Bzzzzz- Bzzzzz- irritating my ears. And listen Suvi is outgoing member of your family and incoming member of mine!"

"Outgoing! Incoming!" I gasped still laughing "What am I? A voice plan for your mobile phone? Besides marriage does not mean a girl ceases to be a daughter or a member of her family!"

"Yes. True. You just cease to have buzzing bumbling cousins in your horizon." Paresh said winking at me before his face scrunched up in pain. "Ouch!" he yelped rubbing his hand.

I realised Prema had just stabbed him with a ball point pen!

"Bees don't just buzz. They sting too." She shrugged her shoulders at his scowling face. "Bye Di. I will see you after my class." She turned around to leave.

"I will drop you! Don't leave without me." Paresh yelled after her before looking down at me

These two have to be the weirdest couple.

"When will you go in?" Paresh asked quietly and I frowned in confusion at the sudden change in topic and his tone.

One look at him I knew he was talking about the room behind me- my father's office.

"Soon." I said softly not meeting his eyes.

"Do it Suvi. It will make you feel good afterwards." He said his tone gentle. I watched him as he went out.

My father's office- the place that held memories that were precious and painful.

I had not been inside the room- after my parents.

I want to- yet I don't want to. A strange feeling that I do not know how to deal with. To not have my mother walk beside me as I crash the door open without knocking and grin at my mother's disapproving look.

Getting up from the chair I took the few steps to stand just outside the door. My fingers reached out to caress the brass door knob, careful not to look up and read the name plate with my father's name.

The room will be in order I am aware, since it has been regularly cleaned like the rest of the rooms of the hotel.

My favourite place after my home does not have my favourite people inside waiting for to engulf me in their warmth.

Closing my eyes I tried to summon all the strength this universe could spare for me and dug into my pocket and fished out the key and pushed it in before my mind got the time to freak out.

The click was loud- or maybe my senses were more alert as I ventured on the other side of a slice if my past.

A small push and the dark wooden door made way for me to enter.

I paused at the unfamiliar interior. The blinds of the room were pulled and I realised I had never seen the room without lights. Being a nature lover my father had glass panes on almost all sides with light flooding in from all direction and giving a spectacular view of the perfectly manicured back garden.

As my eyes got used to the light leaking in from the blinds I moved in reaching out to fold away the blinds from all the window.

As the sunlight poured in the room came alive with it's familiarity. My eyes fell on the table and my vision blurred as soon as I saw the photographs in their frames. Me in the centre laughing away at my parent's teasing with their hands on my shoulders as as looked at each other and smiled.