Chapter 7

Suvarna's POV

"I won! I won!"

"You cheated."

"I did not! You lost because you are a slow poke." I said sticking my tongue out at him.

Of course I had cheated! I kept running right in front of him so that he could not overtake me in this over crowded street. But I am not going to ever accept that.

Shishir just scowled at me and did not reply. The over confident smirk on my face got quickly replaced by a soft smile when I looked at him. He folded the eye mask neatly and kept it in the pocket of his shirt. Right next to his heart, I thought happily.

I looked away, not wanting him to see my expression.

I kept my eyes firmly on my dish as Krishna Uncle started serving us.

All would have gone well, if Uncle had not referred to him as Shamboo again. I stifled a giggle as I heard Shishir mutter something under his breathe.

I however could not help nut burst out into laughter when Shishir brought into himself to ensure Uncle gets his name right. He went right on to explain Shishir meaning winter.

It was sheer entertainment hearing the two of them discuss it. Shishir was stubborn to remain on the topic of 'extreme cold weather' Shishir and Krishna Uncle kept deflecting to the miracles of God creation of all weather.

Good for me. Uncle was used to serving while chatting so kept on doing it, but Shishir was not used to eating while chatting. Or rather while trying to emphasise on something. So I helped myself from his dish without him noticing.

"I am full." I announced.

"Already?" Shishir asked frowning, knowing very well how I can stuff myself on these delicacies.

"Uh huh." I said avoiding the details.

"Have two more each of you then twelve plates will be served completely." Krishna Uncle said.

"Twelve Plates!" Shishir erupted. "I had only four or five pieces!"

I shrugged. "Uncle serve him the rest."

He eyed him with narrowed eyes realising where his share had gone. "Pig." He muttered.

"Thanks for the compliment." I said smugly.

"Compliment??" He raised an eyebrow.

"Pig, Pretty Indian girl."

"Haha-" He said rolling his eyes.

As always both of us fought who would pay.

"Shishir don't you dare! I will pay."

"Nope!" He said catching both my hands effortlessly in his one large hand.

"Listen, you are a guest and I am the host-"

"Guest?" He said quietly as his grip on my hand tightened.

"Well you stay in London so-"

"So the distance will make Shishir Suvi's guest?" He asked softly.

I went completely still. I watched quietly as he paid. We smiled at uncle and moved away.

Shishir's POV

Guest? Is that what I am now? I know I have been away for almost ten years, but for me this is homecoming. I may be visiting for now, but this is my home! And no matter where I am, how can Suvi think I am a guest for her?