Chapter 84.

Suvarna's POV.

I felt completely exhausted and drained as I went to bed. Ever since my chat with Shishir the day before I could feel him more on edge.

Even without him sharing the details with me it was easy to guess I am being targeted for some reasons.

Had it not been so, why would he or the police be taking so many precautions around me? Entire day today I had an uneasy feeling and this added to my agitated state of mind.

Tossing in bed I tried to sleep, which seemed to elude me. It makes no sense. Since I am feeling so tired should I not have fallen asleep the moment my head hit the pillow?

Curling up to a pillow I closed my eyes willing sleep to overtake my senses. I gave up after a few minutes when I was still not able to sleep. My body craved to rest but my overactive thoughts currently made it difficult.

A sudden flash of light at the window facing my bed made me sit up startled. This was not the first time I had seen it. Throughout the day, at least three times I had felt a flash outside but had not been sure and it had not been that evident in the day time.

Not wanting Shravan to think too much about it I had not mentioned this to him, especially since I was not sure about it myself.

However now at night the flash was unmistakable. For some unknown reasons I felt a sense of palpitation.

Closing my eyes I breathed in hard and released my breathe slowly in my attempt to calm myself but did not succeed.

When there was another flash, this time for almost five seconds, unlike the previous ones that were barely there for about a second I flung aside my comforter and stood up.

My first instinct was to run out of the room and go to Shishir but I forced myself from bolting, knowing this would just add to his worry about me.

Most likely my fears were baseless and these flashes meant nothing serious. Probably it was a new light being fixed somewhere or maybe an older light gone faulty.

But then why had there been flashes in the day time?

Stop thinking Suvi!

I should just pull the drape over the window and try to sleep. I reached out for the bedside lamp clicking it on.

The flooding of the soft light in the room calmed my senses a bit and I gingerly walked towards the window wanting to pull the curtain over it.

Should I open it slightly and peek outside?

A voice at the back of my head made me hesitate but then my curiosity got the better of me.

Slowly I unlatched the window and pushed it open slightly, just a few inches wide. With bated breath I tilted my head slightly and ran my gaze in the quite night outside.

As I had guessed nothing was untoward or worrying. Sighing softly I felt relief course it's way within me.

A sudden flare of light behind me followed by a loud cluttering sound startled me and I turned around quickly.

Horrified to see my room plunged in darkness I pushed at the wall behind me, groping for support as my legs threatened to give up on me.

I could vaguely make out a movement near my bed and covered my mouth in an attempt to stop myself from screaming.

Probably that was not needed as I don't think any sound would have left my mouth right now.

Was someone there in my room? I felt plagued by fear like never before and gulped down the bile that rose into my mouth.