Chapter 52

Suvarna' s POV.

I put up the last of the decoration and stepped down from the ladder still feeling quite miserable. I don't even know why I am still going ahead with decorating this terrace.

Blinking away the tears that were threatening to form I stepped aside to see the decorated terrace.

When the drapes, curtains and other things and arrived today early morning I did not have the heart to return them.

Besides I needed to keep myself busy or I would surely go insane. I was keeping my mind strictly away from asking questions like 'Why?'

"It is a mild concussion. So nothing much to worry. But please ensure he gets no mental stress or it could get serious."

I shuddered as I remembered what the doctor had said. Mild concussion meant he should be okay very soon, but setback could mean it would take him months to-

I stopped my mind right there. I had not wanted to return home but Doctors had insisted Shishir needed to rest. They sent Paresh and me away. As a precaution Charles had stayed up the remaining of the night outside the hospital.

I slowly went down to the apartment and saw a very Pensive looking Paresh. My heart skipped a beat. "Paresh?" I said not able to form the words as fear gripped my mind at the unasked question 'Was there a setback'

"Dadaji called to say they will be staying in their friend's house." He looked at me "I did not tell them about bhaiya's accident."

I sighed in relief, glad it was not a setback in Shishir's health that had him worrying. I nodded at what he had just said. "I think you did the right thing. They would have worried and rushed back and at this point there is nothing they could have done."

After sometime I and Paresh stepped out for the hospital and I sat quietly staring out of the car window. I was nervous, not just about what Shishir's reports would say, but more about how am I supposed to behave around him?

Supposing he does not want me near him? I closed my eyes trying to shake this thought out of my mind.

"Don't worry." Paresh's voice broke into my thoughts. I turned towards him "Bhaiya never really shut you off or stopped caring about you in all those years. You know that now."

I nodded and smiled slightly. I remembered his room, all the things he had bought for me over the years. It was not difficult to realise he bought something or other for me every single day, which meant he used to think about me every single day.

This thought eased my tension slightly and I was feeling less nervous by the time we reached the hospital.

I took a deep breath outside his room and paused even as Paresh entered.

I entered a few seconds later to see a frowning Shishir look at Paresh as he kept the bags he was carrying down beside his bed.

"You came alone?" He asked and then he turned and saw me. Immediately the frown disappeared and his features relaxed.

He had been expecting me!

He smiled at me and I returned the smile, still not sure what to say.

"Um- I will arrange these things." I blurted and got myself busy as I started to unpack the bags. Shishir's soap, comb-

"Why have you all brought all this stuff here?" Shishir asked eying all the things I was taking out.

"You will be needing these for your stay here." I answered.

"I am not staying here. I am going home today." He stated firmly and I almost smiled at his expression.

"Bhaiya doctors said they want to observe you-"