Chapter 87.

Suvarna's POV.

Fighting the urge to shiver I stole a look from the corner of my eyes and saw both the grandfathers were chatting with a neighbour, still not aware of the situation I was in.

"Let's go for a spin child." The man in front said making me look at his face.

He made it sound like he was taking me for a joy ride. He did not want the passer-by's to suspect a foul play.

What a creep!

There was something familiar about him. Very familiar.

"Start walking quietly." He continued, pointing slightly with his head to the right, gesturing for me the direction he wanted me to take.

My feet seemed to have taken root on the ground. I lifted one feet with effot and almost stumbled the first step.

"Smile and keep walking." He said as I tried to rake my brain trying to figure out why he seemed familiar.

Fear had paralysed my senses and I was having difficulty in breathing.

Even in this state of fear my mind could not help think about Shravan.

The pain in my chest seemed to intensify at his thought. He had been so careful, so cautious about me. He will lose his mind when he finds out I am gone.

Will I ever see him again?

This was certainly the wrong thought to have and my feet faltered in their progress and I almost tripped as I took the next step.

"Don't try any stunt with Poppa." The man hissed and I felt something hard jab my side.

My mouth went dry as I realised what it was.

I think from extreme fear stems the feeling of numbness and a state when you feel no fear. I am not sure what it was right now but I did not like being cornered like this.

If he wants to pull the trigger let him. I had enough of this cat and mouse game and having my deepest privacy invaded.

I stopped walking and turned to look at him. I could say from his expression he had not expected this.

"Keep moving." He hissed darting his eyes around in alarm.

That voice! It was so familiar that it made my heart skip a beat.

My tongue felt like a sandpaper as I tried to speak. Gulping at whatever traces of spit I had in my mouth I offered the man a twisted smile.

"No." I said in a voice that did not sound like mine.

I knew he was avoiding creating a scene here, probably he was aware that there was security around the building to protect me.

Where were they though?

How was it possible that no one had realised that I was downstairs and was being forced to escort a stranger?

"Don't make me hurt you." the man warned and I felt my breath hitch.

Would he hurt me in the middle of a busy side walk?

"Would you really hurt her?"

My heart stopped it's duty when this voice reached my ears.

And then I saw him-a few feet away, right in front.

Shishir!

How did he get here without me noticing him going past us?

The man, Poppa's face was a mix of fear and shock. Looking around now I could see the activity around.

"I will shoot, I am not joking." The urgency in the man's voice was unmistakable.