Bridge Chapter 2.

A long Chapter- Enjoy!

Suvarna's POV.

One week after Shishir's departure to London.

Pinching the bridge of my nose I breathed in – hard.

Just a few days before the opening and I am still hiring and interviewing prospective employees!

It's a good thing that I already have some staff from my catering business who have been absorbed into the kitchen. Raj bhaiya is taking care of training them and getting them ready for a full time kitchen job.

The catering business had been more like a side business and not a regular full time one so this was going to be a different experience for all of them.

What had been a pleasant surprise was that many of my father's staff members, who had worked with him had got in touch once they had got to know the Hotel was going to be re-opened by his daughter.

Seeing the old familiar faces had been overwhelming and emotional. I remembered interacting with many of them as a child.

To them I had been the child of their boss and to me they had been 'Uncles' or 'Aunties' who worked with my father.

My parents had never emphasized they were the 'owners' and others worked for them. It would be strange and a totally new experience to work with the people who had worked with my father.

I sighed as my eyes fell on the pile in front containing the resumes and details of the new candidates we were wanting to hire.

To ensure smooth functioning we needed at least eight waiters/ waitresses. From my father's old staff we already had five- who had left their current jobs to join us back. We still needed at least three more.

I had finalised two but from the applicants that last remaining suitable candidate seemed to be elusive.

If only Shishir had been here with me- he could have handled this much better than me, he would have known what to do.

Suvi! Snap out of it! I shook my head wearily at my whining thoughts.

This is my responsibility and I had chosen it to happen this way. I was getting a chance to live my dream of re-opening my father's Hotel.

"Good *yawn* Morning." Paresh mumbled while he pulled a chair and seated himself on it.

"Awww- The drama queen is still sleepy?" I joked smiling at his sleepy look.

He gave me a pouty look "I barely slept last night." He groaned "Even counting cupcakes did not help."

"People count sheep to help them sleep but trust you to count something edible!" I laughed.

"Sheep run around while I try to count them." The brat gave me naughty grin. "But cupcakes they obey plus they come in flavours."

"Flavours? Why do you need flavours while-"I chuckled as I realised what he was saying "You imagine you are popping them in your mouth while counting!"

"Obviously! Trays and trays of cupcakes only for me- waiting their turn to be popped in my mouth. Best formulae to sleep well and have the sweetest dreams." Frowning he continued. "Last night it did not seem to work though. I had four trays of Vanilla cupcake, six of chocolate and then strawberry-"

"What??"

The stunned exclamation made me turn my head and saw Prema with a horrified look on her face standing in front.

Paresh gave her a dirty sour look making me laugh hard "He did not actually eat those Prema. That is his way to try and fall asleep instead of the regular counting sheep."