Chapter 29.

Suvarna's POV.

"Suvi you are hopeless." Shishir laughed as I scrutinised a bunch of blackberry.

"No! I am doing it right." I insisted.

Jack had asked us to pick up the shinier and firm ones. However since now it was almost the end of season for the fruit and it was difficult to identify.

Rather it was difficult for me! Shishir seemed a pro at identifying the right ones. His basket was almost full while I did not have mine even half full.

I picked at the bunch I was checking. "That is not a good one. Too ripe." Jack's amused voice reached my ears.

"Then why have they not been plucked already?" I huffed feeling embarrassed.

Shishir laughed again and I glared at him." You are the most hopeless farmer I have ever seen." He said laughing harder.

I picked up one fruit carefully from the over ripe bunch and threw it at him "I am doing it first time you big bully!"

"So am I." He grinned and ruffled my hair. "You are lousy at it, accept it." Shishir said.

I opened my mouth to retort but ended my squinting up my eye shut as a cold drops hit my face. "Shishir!" I screamed realising he had squeezed some berries on my face.

The mean creature! He had distracted me with his talk and plucked the entire bunch of over ripe berries!

He chortled with laughter at my expression and I heard a click. I gasped and opened my eyes and stared at Shishir! Sure enough he had his phone in hand.

"Did you just click a photo of me?" I asked warningly, though I already knew the answer.

"You have just successfully modelled for then photo which is on the verge of going viral on facebook!"

"Shishir you did not!" I screeched horrified.

"I did too!" He said looking delighted. "You are going to beat my cucumber saga hands down!" He said shooting me a gleeful look.

I kept my basket down carefully and lunged at him not caring Jack was standing just beside us.

"You delete it right now." I said chasing Shishir twho had already started sprinting away from me.

"I just made you famous." He grinned as he jogged backwards facing me.

His phone buzzed right then and his smile broadened as he glanced at the screen. "Paresh!" He laughed as he answered it. "Wait, I will put the phone on speaker." He said.

"Hey pickle!" Paresh's voice floated in the air.

Pickle??

"What is he blabbering?" I asked Shishir. He just shrugged as I eyed him suspiciously.

"Aww a pissed pickle." Paresh chortled loudly.

"Paresh! You just wait till I meet you! You will be minced pickle." I warned feeling confused.

"Bye pickle." He said sounding cheeky. Shishir laughed as he disconnected the phone. HE had stopped moving away and I managed to catch up with him.

I raised my eyebrow at him and he turned the screen towards me .There I was! My face scrunched up, nose wrinkled with dark liquid running down my face.

I moved forward peering at the screen and read the caption accompanying "Pickled Blackberry."

"Pickled blackberry!" I yelled. "Shishir Mehrotra you are a dead man when I get my hands on you!"