Chapter 55

Suvarna's POV.

I opened my eyes and blinked at the unfamiliar surrounding before I remembered where I was. I felt an arm on my waist as Shishir held me close to him.

Turning my head slightly I saw he is still asleep. A small smile pulled at my lips as a feeling of warmth invaded my heart.

My eyes roamed his face freely as he slept. His features were so relaxed. I put my fingers on his cheek, loving the feel of the slight stubble.

I saw the bandage on his head and felt a lump form in my throat. He is not okay, far from it.

Yes, things could have been much worse and he could have got hurt much more, but even now he is suffering.

Emotions played in my heart at the thought that he put aside all of his problems and went out of the way to make last night so perfect.

"If you keep ogling at me like that, I am not going to be held responsible for my actions."

I almost jumped out of my skin at his voice.

"I am not!" I protested, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Oh yeah?" He said sounding amused and before I could react, in a swift movement changed his position, so I was pinned down flat as he lay on his side.

"Good morning." He said smiling down at me.

I clamped my mouth shut and just smiled in response. I cannot have him get a whiff of my morning breath!

He leaned down and I turned my face in alarm. "What?" I heard his confused voice. "I want a morning kiss." He said placing his fingers on my chin making my face turn back.

I clamped my hands over my mouth and shook my head. He raised his eyebrow frowning slightly before his face broke into a smile, understanding my thought.

"Such a pervert you are, my girlfriend. I was just going for a light peck. But you are so desperate." He said giving me a wink.

"What?" No! I-" I started and immediately he utilized the opportunity of my moved hands and crashed his lips on mine.

Couple of minutes later he pulled away slightly out of breath. "This is how I want to wake up everyday." He grinned down at me.

I tried to frown at him disapprovingly but a giggle escaped me. My phones ringing erupted in the early morning bliss making me groan. I unzipped the sleeping bag slightly and tried to get up to reach the phone kept on a table.

"Let it ring." Shishir said immediately pulling me back.

"Could be important." I said getting up. I hope it is not Mami I thought in my mind, not looking forward to another awkward conversation.

"Paresh?" . I muttered seeing the ID "Hel-" I never got to finish the word.

"Suvi! Bhaiya is missing." He said right away making me smile. I pressed 'speaker' and came and sat near Shishir.

We heard a sound like a door opening and then "Suvi! You are also missing!"

Shishir burst out laughing as I chuckled into the phone. "You are talking to me, so how can I be missing?"

"Where are you?" He said and I could hear shuffling of feet followed by banging on the locked terrace door.

Still laughing Shishir got up to open it and I disconnected the call. Paresh walked in with a displeased look on his face.

"You found us!" I teased.

"Why was I not called?" asked the incorrigible brat. He shoved me slightly and lowered himself into the sleeping bag.