Chapter. 27

Hi, incase some of you have not read the previous chapters I would urge to read them. Within the next few chapters the mysteries will start getting answers and things could make more sense if you have read from the start.
Enjoy!  

Suvarna's POV.

Shishir's hands reached out and placed themselves on either side of me as he clutched the handle bar.

"Let's go then." Shishir whispered into my right ear and started to peddle. His breath fanned my ear as he whispered the words.

He placed his chin on my right shoulder his nose close to my cheek. I breathed in as his scent wrapped around me and his arms cradled me on my seat. Is this really happening? I can hardly believe Shishir has asked me to be his girlfriend. I feel insanely happy and very scared at the same time.

Supposing something goes wrong? We had been very close as friends in childhood, almost inseparable. However things went so wrong that we lost touch completely for almost ten years.

"What are you thinking?" Shishir's soft voice broke into my thoughts.

"Us."

"What about us?" he asked gently.

"It seems like a dream. I can hardly believe all this is actually happening. I am in London and you have asked me to be your girlfriend." I breathed out the words softly.

It was difficult to talk the way he had me caged between his hands. His hold on me tighter than it was required.

"It's real. We are real." He said his voice sounding husky.

I sighed contently. He was cycling in the apartment block's ground. Tough it was already dark I could make out in the lights shining the beautiful surrounding.

The light breeze carried with it the scent of flowers. The compound was almost silent with only the occasional sound of cars leaving or entering the parking lot. There were hardly any people around.

He kept cycling us around with neither of us speaking much. Words did not seem necessary right now.

"Suvi."

"Hmm?"

"Will you have lunch with me tomorrow?"

I smiled to myself as I heard the hope in his voice. "Why only lunch? We will have breakfast together as well. I am your guest after all." I teased.

"You are not a guest." He said sounding pissed. My heart warmed at his words

"What I meant was," He continued "will you come out for lunch tomorrow with me?"

"But don't you have to go to work?" I asked.

"Yes, but I will send Charles to pick you up." He urged.

"Okay." I said happily.

"For now, ready to sample street side food of London?" He asked, his own happiness obvious in his voice.

"Yes!" I said feeling excited. I got down from the cycle and waited for him as he balanced it against the wall.

Once done he immediately came to me and placed his arms around my shoulders and we moved towards the gates.

We kept meeting some of his neighbours and almost everyone was shooting curious looks in my direction.

Shishir acknowledged everyone politely and introduced me as his girlfriend to anyone known to him who crossed our path. Even to the security guards!

"Why do you have to mention I am your girlfriend to each and every one?" I asked feeling slightly embarrassed at the knowing look everyone seemed to give us.