Chapter 35.

Suvarna's POV.

I am feeling silly for reacting the way I did at the thought of Shishir having girlfriends before me. But then it was not a good feeling to think he had been so caring with anyone else before me. It still did feel strange at times that my best friend was now my boyfriend.

I looked at him as he stood talking on the phone. I knew he was trying to find details about the motive behind what had happened three years back but was not ready to share in any details with me or Paresh. I had not really seen his professional side before. He was deadly in his intend and totally focused about what he wanted.

He smiled at me as he put the phone away and walked towards me. He reached his hand out and I readily took it. "Let's go?" I asked happily.

In response he tugged my hand and pulled me to him and turned me around in his arms so that my back was pressed to his chest. "Happy pre birthday girlfriend." He whispered in my right ear.

His breath tingled against my cheek which I am sure were red by now. "To you too Shishir." I said feeling breathless.

"To you too who?" He said pressing his face on the side of my cheek.

I smiled knowing he wanted me to call him 'boyfriend.' It was easy for me to think and refer in my mind but to actually utter the word I was tongue tied for no apparent reason!

"Say it Suvi." Shishir said softly pressing his mouth to my ears and I felt my cheeks go warmer.

"To the best and most caring man in this world." I said and wriggled out of his arms. I heard him laugh and mutter "Don't think we are done."

He put his arm around on my shoulder as we headed out. We met Paresh in the living room who had opted to stay in and watch movies. Both me and Shishir knew that he wanted to give us privacy so he had refused to come with us.

"Bye bhaiya. Bye tomato." The brat said not missing out on my still flushed face.

"Shut up." I hissed at him indignantly..

"Sorry." He said raising his hand in mock surrender. "My bad. Bye pickled tomato." He said grinning like the monkey he is.

Shishir chuckled at the death glare that I directed towards the brat and pulled me out.

Right through the elevator ride he kept his had around my waist making me blush. He kept smirking at my face when I refused to look directly in his eyes while talking.

Paresh is not the only Mehrotra that is a brat, I thought to myself trying not to smile.

Once we stepped out of the elevator he headed straight to where his car was and I stopped him.

"Uh huh. Mister. We are getting lost remember?" I said pulling him away.

"Without a car?" He exclaimed looking stunned. I laughed at him. "Suvi we – I may not know the way too well. We may lose our way." He said eyeing the car mournfully.

"That is the idea." I said dragging him away. I laughed as he gave me sulky look.

"We are starting by hopping on a bus." I informed Shishir.

"A bus? A - a- PUBLIC bus??" He almost erupted making me laugh harder.

I had already booked a 12 hour ride on the open bus tour with the help of Paresh much to Shishir's discontent.

I sat happily on the open roofed bus with the big baby. He looked so adorable as he sat pouting that I could not resist pulling his cheeks and he huffed more.