Chapter 48

Overwhelmed. That is how I am feeling right now. My notification tab is full with getting notified about being nominated by so many of you for the fan fiction 2017 contest for Indian television shows. Heartfelt thank you guys.:)

Shishir's POV.

I looked at the man standing in front of me shifting his feet uncomfortably. It was understandable.

"Charles. You know you can talk to me about anything." I told him encouragingly.

"I know that Mehrotra. That is the reason I have come to you, to speak directly." He said nodding his head in agreement.

I looked on, already having an idea about what he was wanting to talk about.

"No matter what, brothers, especially younger ones-" He stopped as though trying to think of correct words to frame..

"I agree Charles." I said with a sigh not needing him to finish what he was trying to say. I knew Suvi had her mind made up and she was not going to press any charges against Ricky.

I did not agree but then one hell of a stubborn girl she is. Thinking about her stubbornness my mind immediately goes to the gifts she had sent over the years.

It was bad enough had no clue about them till yesterday, however worse was not being able to open them. She had refused to let me even touch them!

I will have to do something about that I thought.

"Mehrotra?" Charles voice reached my ears.

I realised thinking about Suvi and the parcels I had completely zoned out!

"Sorry Charles. I was thinking about something." I apologised to him feeling slightly embarrassed.

"That is all right Mehrotra." Charles said quickly "So as I was saying this problem could easily be sorted, with the proper and required help. I mean medical help."

I nodded. Yes he is right. Counselling can work wonders in getting people back on track. "That could help Charles." I told him with a smile.

He immediately looked relived and smiled at me. "I know a few good dieticians. If you want I could share their details with you."

Dieticians??

"You think a dietician can help?" I asked confused with his suggestion.

"Yes. I mean this does look like an eating disorder so a correct diet would hold the key along with any required treatment." Charles insisted.

I gave him a long look suddenly not sure what we were talking about.

"Who are you talking about Charles?" I asked.

"Your brother of course." He answered frowning at my question.

"My brother?" I blurted startled.

"Yes. I know he is actually your cousin but-"

"All this while you have been talking about Paresh?"

"Yes. Who did you think I was talking about?" Charles asked looking surprised.

I almost told him 'Ricky' but thought it best not to mention. Just then there was a sharp knock on my door before it opened to show Danny.

He looked from me to Charles and said. "Should I come back later?"

I shook my head to tell him it was fine and gestured for him to take a seat. My mind was trying to understand what Charles was talking about.