Chapter 61. Maha Chapter

Shishir's POV.

Few minutes before he reaches Suvi in the apartment's garden.

I stepped out of the elevator still trying her number and almost flung the phone away when it went directly into voice mail once again.

I dialled Charle's number and asked him to come over near my car. Handing over the bags that I had asked to him I looked around the compound.

When I caught a glimpse of blue in the garden I my heartbeat soared up almost painfully as relief washed over me.

I walked upto her from behind and slowly gathered her I my arms inhaling her scent, that was so -her.

She turned sideways to look at me and I knew she has been thinking of isolating me. That one thought itself was enough for me to feel enraged. She has to stop thinking of herself as not being an integral part of my life.

I somehow managed to answer when she brought up my parents. I know she thinks I must be hurt by their behaviour. But I am not. For the simple reason I am not surprised by it. I had been hurt and shocked as a child, however with time I had got used to it and had steered myself clear from having any expectations.

I had been attached to Papa because I had thought he had never isolated me, however now I know he had a big role in my getting isolated in the first place. I am surprised myself how I managed to cope with that hurt so easily.

Perhaps it is not really surprising, since I am holding the reason in my arms right now. Had she not been back in my life I probably would still have been lost in my feelings and would have drowned everything in anger.

However right now I do feel angry, very angry. I had expected her to want to go away to Delhi, but to hear her say so in words made me want to shake her up, badly.

I saw her surprised look when I handed her, her passport and told her I had packed for her. I did not utter another word because I was not sure of my response. I did not trust myself not to yell at her so I just got up and walked towards the car.

I could feel her eyes on me and it took me all my will power not to turn back towards her and talk to her. Perhaps the fact that I would not be talking, but would be probably shouting right now, is what helped me to walk away, ahead of her towards the car.

Her confusion reached out to me even in her silence. She sat down in the car without a word and only when I joined her did she voice that single word, my name.

I almost lost my cool in that moment "You wanted to get away. I am just fulfilling your wish." I spat out.

Yes I was fulfilling her wish but only part of it. She wanted to get away from here I am fulfilling that. But the fact that she wanted to distance herself physically from me, for whatever reasons was what I was having problem in coping with.

"Charles, will you please get me a bottle of mineral water?" I asked softly. I knew he would understand my need to have privacy with Suvi for a few minutes.

He pulled the car to a stop just outside the apartment block's gate and stepped out.

"You are angry." She stated softly.

"Do I have reasons to be angry?" I retorted.

"Yes." She said before continuing "As per the situation yes. But why are you angry with me?"

"When you are in a not happy situation, if ever, though I hope not ever, but if you do, what would be your first- your basic instinct?" I asked her still trying not to shout.

She started to speak but I cut her off "Shut your mouth!" I saw her flinch at my slightly raised voice and immediately tried to calm myself. "Don't answer right away Suvi. Close your eyes and think about it."