Chapter 59.

Shishir's POV.

I woke up to darkness and with a feeling that something was amiss. Soon I realised I was not in my room. I groped at the blanket thrown over me not remembering when I had fallen asleep. Suvi must have covered me with it.

I smiled as I remembered the happenings of last evening. After having read few more letters, Suvi and I had stepped out of my room to find Paresh at the door collecting Pizza boxes, that he must have ordered.

"Did not want to take chances if dinner does not get cooked." He had grinned at us.

Then Charles, who had been in the kitchen getting drinks for us had joined us and the four of us had settled down to watch movies and tuck in the pizza.

It had felt good to relax and have good light hearted conversation after a emotionally taxing day.

I got up from the couch where I was lying, feeling cramped and switched on a side lamp. I realised I was the only one in the living room.

Charles must have left and Paresh must have gone to his room. Disappointment hit me to see Suvi was not in the room either.

I stretched trying to flex my sore muscles. The couch as not meant for tall men to sleep on!

"Why did you wake up?"

I jumped slightly, startled at the suddenness of the sound, while I was still stretching myself.

"Suvi!" I scolded trying to calm my racing heart, gone berserk with dual reasons of being startled and happy at seeing Suvi was around.

She responded with a giggle on seeing my expression. I opened my arms and she walked into them still giggling.

"You think it's funny?" I fake scolded her wrapping my arms around her.

"Very." She responded nodding her head. "But Shishir, seriously, you need to sleep."

I knew she was referring to my state of concussion. Sleep had eluded me last two days for most part and I had been given medicines to help me relax.

"You barely slept for two hours!" Suvi continued to scold making me glance at the watch. It was just past one in the night.

"You all abandoned me." I complained, my arms still around her.

"We did not want to disturb you!" Suvi retorted.

Insomnia was common during concussion as per the doctor so there was nothing to worry on that we had been told.

However Suvi needed to sleep and I knew she would not till she was sure I was resting.

"I was getting cramped in the couch. I am going to my bed to sleep." I told her and pulled her forward.

I stopped in front of her room and gave her a light shove, wanting her to go and rest. She resisted but I insisted and somehow managed to push her in.

"You will go to bed right away?" She probed and I nodded and started closing the door.

"Shishir!" I stopped my action as she called out and looked in.

She gave me a narrowed eyes look "Don't you dare try to sneak out again while pretending to sleep."

I grinned at her "I will not. I promise." I said and blew her a kiss and closed the door firmly before she changed her mind of going to bed. She really needed to rest.

I went into my room and saw the letters still on my bed. I took up a bunch and settled down in a comfortable position intending to read.

Just as I opened the first one the door to my room flung open and Suvi entered, looking impossibly cute in the shorts and pink pyjama top she had changed into.