Chapter 47

Suvarna's POV.

I have the biggest grin on my face as I sit and watch television with the two Mehrotra brothers.

"Suvi! You are creeping me out."

"Seriously Suvi are you all right?"

"She is obviously not all right bhaiya. This has to be some mental disorder."

"Suvi. This is indeed weird. It's been close to two hours now. At least say something."

I turn my face to Shishir and blurt "Something." and continue to grin.

My grin broadens when I hear Shishir sigh and Paresh shout "There! Are you happy now bhiaya? She said 'something.'"

Shishir sighed audibly again, loudly, as he gets up and comes and sits next to me pulling me close. I offer him another broad grin before turning to stare back at the television screen. "Suvi, much as I love to see you happy, this is worrying. Since last almost two hours that grin has not left your face."

"Not even while watching a documentary about a crocodile's life cycle." Paresh piped in emphasising on the point.

"You did not stop grinning even when we put on a horror movie." Shishir said with a shake of his head.

I shrugged "So? I am happy." I said maintaining the grin on my face.

"Why are you so happy?" Paresh asked narrowing his eyes on me.

I picked up my phone for answer and punched a number on speed dial. I pointed at Shishir's phone with my eyes to Paresh as it lay in front of him on the centre table.

He frowned and lifted it up just as it started ringing. "Meri zindagi? Who's that?" He asked looking genuinely confused.

Now that knocked the grin right off my face and I glared at him. "What do you mean 'who's that?'" I hissed disconnecting the call.

I felt a hand on my cheek making me turn towards Shishir "You are happy about that?" he asked with a soft smile.

My features immediately softened as I nodded, feeling shy all of a sudden.

"Oh God! Bhaiya you wrote her name as 'Meri Zindagi?'" Paresh said sounding stunned.

I poked my tongue out at him, the grin back on my face.

"Oh God! You of all the people? What happened to my bhaiya who used to say romance is silly?" Paresh says shaking his head in disbelief.

Shishir shrugged his shoulder grinning but before he could answer his phone rang.

He frowned as he answered it "Hello?"

His frown deepened hearing whatever the caller was saying. "Are you sure?"

I and Paresh exchanged glances knowing that Shishir was really pissed with whatever was being told on the other side.

"No. I will look into it. Thank you." He says and hangs up and turns towards me and Paresh his frown in place.

"Why are you looking at us like that?" I asked feeling uneasy.

Even without a word uttered I somehow knew we were in trouble.

"Who called?" Paresh asked. From his face I knew he was having the same doubt as me.

"One of my informers." Shishir said with a straight face.

"Informers? You have informers working for you?" I ask in shock.

"Um -what information did you get?" Paresh asked and I nodded. Yes that is important to know.