Chapter 73

Suvarna's POV.

Where is Paresh? After he ran off from the terrace last night I have not seen him at all.

Brat!

He knows he has been caught and has hidden himself and has not even shown up for breakfast. I woke up early and made pancakes, to ensure Raghunath uncle is not once again forced to cook by his father.

I looked around the table. Raghunath uncle was scowling at his plate. I know he must be really angry right now, but since Aditya himself confessed yesterday he cannot point his finger at anyone.

Our grandfathers were tucking in clearly enjoying their meal making me smile in their direction. Shishir is quietly eating and not looking at anyone. I almost laughed at this. He has been like this around our grandfathers ever since he made a mess of the situation by jumping to conclusion.

"Where is Paresh?" I asked out aloud at last.

"Who is Pushkar?" asked his grandfather and I almost rolled my eyes.

"I um- he does not miss his meals, so I was wondering." I tried again.

"I think Billy ate him." his grandfather continued looking up from his plate.

"Papa!" Raghunath uncle objected and I did not know how to react. Shishir of course continued to pretend he is deaf!

"Oh you did not?" Dadaji asked pretending to be surprised. He turned to me "Billy did not eat Paresh." He informed and I got up from the table wanting to escape from this crazy scenario.

I think Raghunath uncle had the same idea because he quickly excused himself from the table and went to his room

"What are you doing today" Nanu asked Shishir forcing him to look up from his plate. He opened his mouth to answer but before he could Dadaji said:

"We are going to spend the day with you today."

"With me? Why?" Shishir almost choked on his food "No I mean it would have been great but today I am really busy. Many meetings." Shishir muttered going red in the face making me chuckle.

He glared at me "You can spend the day with Suvi. Maybe go for a nice visit somewhere. Paresh can accompany you" Shishir said and shouted "Paresh!"

Out came the brat from his room trotting slowly and not looking at me.

Ha! I have got him now, I gave him a smug look.

"Suvarna here is Paresh!" Dadaji said sounding triumphant as though he had just made the discovery of the year and I could not help smile at him this time.

"Are you saying you are too busy for us?" Nanu said looking at Shishir  and Shishir's expression was priceless knowing he was cornered.

"N-no! Of course not." He stammered and I once again chuckled softly knowing Nanu was teasing him.

"Please agree to spend the day with us. It is the most important thing in our life." Dadaji piped in and I shut my eyes in despair. They are not going to let go of this!

"How important is it for you?" Nanu of course had to ask.

"Just like a puppy is in Shishir's life."

"See? And you say you are busy for two helpless old men?"

Helpless?? I shook my head at the two old pranksters who were obviously having fun at Shravan's expense

"I – Of course I would." Shishir said looking at me helplessly. "I really have meetings."

I suddenly had a wicked idea remembering mine and Shishir's discussion earlier on. He has been stalling to go and meet Aditya and I wanted him to do it right away.