Chapter 7 : You Only Live Once

This Will Be The Day
Chapter 7: You Only Live Once

It is morning already. I get up from my bed and ready to start my day being an undercover spy. But then, as soon as I open my eyes, I hear footsteps coming from outside my door. I get up from my bed. I take a shower in my bathroom and I put on my black signature suit. When I opened my door, I knew it was a trap all along.

"Ruby?", I say as I open the door.

There is a man holding a gun and aiming it at me at the doorway. He was wearing a brown suit and also has glasses on.

"Mr. Winston, we meet again.", the man says and comes closer to me.

He moves forward a bit so I have to move backward a few steps. He then closes the door behind himself and places his finger on the trigger of his gun.

"Where's Ruby?", the man is about to pull the trigger.

"What are you talking about?", I ask the man while placing my hand at my back.

"Stop lying, Mr. Winston. I know you recognise her!", the man yells in the meantime, nearly about to release a bullet to my head.

I quietly grab the empty bottle of wine from behind me on the table. Then, I surprisingly smash the bottle onto the man's head and he releases the gun from his hand. I kick the gun away from the floor and I kick the man in the balls. The man is about to release a pack of punch but I dodge it and punch his chest. He moves back and gets a bit distracted when he hits the door. I run up towards him and kick him onto the chest. He bust open the door and falls onto the floor. The man gets up from the floor and quickly enters the room.

I grab the lamp and smash his head. He yells in pain and tries to grab the gun which was on the floor. I step on his hand and kick the gun away from near his hand. I quickly take my handgun, X008 from under my pillow. The man gets up with his gun in his hand but I manage to shoot him in the chest. He freezes for a second and then falls to ground, hence he dies. I breathe out heavily because of the exhaustion fighting off with an unknown contract.

"Ryan?", a familiar voice was heard out of nowhere.

I immediately look to the door and point my handgun at the person. Luckily, it was just Ruby Rose standing at the doorway.

"Easy, Ryan. It's me, Ruby Rose. I'm your girlfriend.", Ruby asks me to put my handgun down.

I place my handgun in my pocket and then I walk slowly up to Ruby.

"What happened? Weiss heard some noise coming from your room. We thought you were in danger.", Ruby asks me while giving me a worried look.

"I kinda got in a brawl in my room.", I explain to Ruby.

"With who?",

Ruby looks over at the dead person and gets shock for a minute.

"Who is that!?", she asks me.

"I have no clue. But he looks like a goon to me.",

"What's going on here?", another familiar voice was heard from the doorway.

Professor Ozpin comes into my dorm and looks at the evidence in my room.

"This is strange. We've never seen this man in our academy. He seems like a stranger to me.", Professor Ozpin says to us.

"Do you think he's a threat to us?", Ruby asks the headmaster.

"Of course he is!", I reply.

The headmaster, Professor Ozpin and Ruby Rose look up to me with their strange faces.

"He broke into my room and nearly killed me. He even tried to shoot me. Luckily, I manage to kill him.", I explain to both of them.

"We'll try to figure this out, Mr. Winston. For now, get some rest and head to the cafeteria. Classes have been dismissed for today.", Professor Ozpin tells me while walking towards the dead man.

"Alright.", I walk out from my room.

Ruby Rose follows me down the hall.

"You only live once, professor.", I tell him.

"You only live twice, Mr. Winston.",

In the cafeteria, I could barely get a bite of my food because of what happened just now in my dorm.

"What's wrong, Ryan?", a familiar voice was heard from in front of me.

I look up to my front and see Yang combing her own long blonde hair.

"Nothing much, I got in a fight just now in my room.", I explain to Yang.

"What fight? I really to go combat all the time and I always do it with a yang.", Yang says and makes a pun by using her name.

"Yeah.",

I get up from my seat and walk towards the dustbin to throw the rubbish. I adjust my black suit and walk back to my seat. Suddenly, I see Team CRDL bullying a rabbit Faunus student.

"Please, stop. It hurts.", the Faunus beg to Cardin.

"Oh, keep quiet young lady. Nobody is going to help you out in this situation.", Cardin explains.

"Pardon me.", I say out loud.

The whole team look at me.

"Well, gentleman. Aren't you gonna help this poor rabbit lady of yours?", Cardin says as he pulls the Faunus' ears harder.

"Unless you show what you got.", I say.

Russel immediately runs towards me and charges his punch. I block his punch and hardly punch him in his chest. He falls onto the floor and lays low. Dove picks up the knife and throws it at me. I dodge the knife in slow motion and I immediately kick Dove in the crotch. He falls onto the floor and does the same like Russel. Sky tries to kick me but I punch his face and drag his body onto the floor, hence kicking him.

"That's it, Ryan!", Cardin yells and runs towards me.

I take the tray from the nearby table and slam it into Cardin's face, which causes him to fall onto the floor. I walk towards the Faunus and kneel down.

"Are you okay?", I ask her.

"I'm okay.", she replies.

"My name is Winston. William Winston. You can just call me Ryan, it's my middle name. How about yours?",

"Velvet Scarlatina.",

"That's a nice name.",

Velvet smiles and giggles happily when I compliment her name. I walk away from Velvet and head over to the courtyard of Beacon Academy.

To be continued
008 will be back in the next chapter or episode