Chapter 48: Scavengers v1.5

I was ecstatic about my new discovery that I even forgot to be rude to RB.

Nasa locker rooms kami at nagsusuot na ng mga PE uniforms namin para sa Combat Education. Kasalukuyan ko namang inuusyoso sina Jack at RB tungkol sa kung papano nila kinokontrol ang mga weirdness nila.

"I'm not sure if those are the same movements that you should do to be able to control Earth. I mean, crystals are a bit different from soil and rocks that's why maybe there are some difference in the body movements," paliwanag sa 'kin ni RB.

"Well, I can teach you everything that I know, bro! Just don't forget me when you become the number one agent of NMLEA!" sabi naman ni Jack sabay hampas sa 'kin.

"Don't exaggerate," sabi ko naman agad.

Sa Diamond Battle Dome naman ang schedule namin ngayon para sa klase namin. We still don't have an idea on what will be our lesson for today. Halos lahat kasi ng mga subjects namin eh humirap din talaga.

Professor Sivera greeted us upon our arrival in the battle dome.

"Hello, everyone! It's a good thing that no one was expelled or moved to the General Education Courses. Perfect. We are going to have a major activity for today's lesson-"

"What?! Major activity agad?!" gulat naming sabi.

Professor Sivera smiled. "Don't worry. Our activity today won't be recorded. I just want you all to get used to our Scavengers..."

Jack raised an eyebrow. "Uhm, we can now, like, basically crush every Scavenger even with our eyes closed."

"Indeed, Jack. And I am very happy about that. But we are now on the second term of your first year here in Emerald. New semester, new lessons, and new Scavengers. Everyone, I would like you to meet the Scavengers version 1.5!" he said before clicking his fingers.

The usual mannequins appeared right behind Professor Sivera.

"I'm pretty sure that everyone knows that the Scavengers in your first term were just dumb pieces of metal who know nothing but to run after a target. You're basically battling against a moving but mindless mannequin. But now, we have adjusted their settings to spice things up," sabi ni Professor Sivera.

Nagtaas ng kamay si Yvanna. "What can we expect from them, sir?"

"Hmm... Of course they'll copy all your weirdnesses. And if you want to find out their new behavior then you better position yourselves on the field right now. You can spend the entire hour familiarizing yourself with them. Hurry up. You guys can do whatever you want. And Ike, please don't injure yourself, okay? Namumuro na kami ni Sir Garrick kay Nurse Juliana. Praktis pa lang 'to. 'Wag mo sana 'tong seryosohin," baling sa 'kin ni Professor Sivera.

"Sige po," sabi ko naman habang naghagikgikan 'yung mga kaklase ko.

Professor Sivera didn't change the terrain of the battle dome. Nagsipwesto na lang kami sa field at hinintay ang signal.

"Let's group together," sabi naman ni Jack sabay hatak sa 'kin at kay RB. Tinawag din niya sina Faye at Alice.

The usual cool female voice suddenly spoke.

Initiating Practice Battle Mode... Deploying Scavengers 1.5 in 3... 2... 1...

Smoke suddenly rose from the ground before forming into faceless mannequins.

"Eurgh... They're still creeping me out," Alice said as she swished her ropes towards a couple of Scavengers.

But the mannequins suddenly grabbed her ropes before flinging her away with a tremendous force.