Chapter 25: The Annual Emerald's Magical Mayhem

Schoolworks gradually piled up that I didn't notice that almost a couple of months have already passed since the opening of classes. Professor Evanesca never had another meeting with me after our first class. Si Sir Romeus ang kasalukuyang nagtuturo sa 'kin sa special course ko.

And I'm still not doing the flashy things that the headmistress did in our first meeting. Instead, Sir Romeus gave me a lot of physical tasks and activities. He told me that I should strengthen my body and stamina first before doing the more complicated things. And I still can't properly activate my weirdness.

Parte ng training ko ang araw-araw na mga exercise para palakasin ang katawan ko. Gaya ngayon ay nagjo-jogging ako tuwing umaga sa isa sa mga oval ng Emerald.

"So Ike is really under a training program," biglang sabi ni RB sa tabi ko.

Halos mapatalon ako sa gulat.

"Where the hell did you came from?!" gulat kong tanong sa kanya.

"Professor Evanesca told me that Ike always jogs here every morning as a part of his special training. Naisipan ko lang na kumustahin ka," sabi niya.

RB started to glide alongside me as I jogged.

"And you woke up that early just to see me jog?" tanong ko sa kanya.

"Of course. But I also want to see..."

I stared at him suspiciously. "See what?"

Maya-maya pa ay bigla niyang inangat ang t-shirt ko.

"What the-!"

He frowned.

"Hmm... You have no abs yet," he said, staring intently at my stomach. "But you have the beginnings of it... Whatever, I can still wait for a few months 'til Ike's body becomes ripped. And besides, Ike's bulge compensates for his lack of abs..."

RB suddenly grabbed and squeezed my crotch.

"NOT THAT!" sigaw ko sabay talon palayo sa kanya.

Dali-dali na lang akong nag-jogging. RB just followed me, gliding on a thin sheet of crystals being released by his feet.

"Professor Evanesca is a really good teacher. I owe my mastery of my weirdness to her. She's actually the one who taught me how to use my crystals as wings. I'm pretty sure that she'll be able to help you improve," sabi ni RB.

"Ang astig ng weirdness niya," sabi ko naman.

"Yep. She actually became the NMLEA's No. 1 agent for quite some years when she worked there after she graduated here. But she eventually applied here in Emerald because her passion is teaching," paliwanag ni RB.

"You know a lot about the headmistress, huh?" sabi ko.

"Of course," RB said as he tried to comb his purplish hair with his hand. "She's my guardian, after all."

Tumitig na lang ako sa buhok niya. "Kahit kelan ba naayos mo 'yang buhok mo?"

"Nope. Parati naman 'tong magulo kahit anong gawin kong pagsuklay eh. Messy hair makes me cuter, actually. I try to make it as messy as I can so that Ike will eventually fall for me," sabi niya.

"In your dreams," I fired back.

"Yeah, I love you too," he replied.

I just growled at him as I continued to jog. Nung natapos na akong mag-jogging ay bumalik na ako sa dorm ko.

"I promise I won't peek or anything," sabi ni RB nung hinarang ko siya sa pinto ng kwarto ko.

"I really don't know how to say this nicely to you... I don't trust you... po," I said.