Chapter 32: Crystal Freak

RB looked a bit surprised with what happened. Bigla tuloy siyang tumigil sa pag-atake niya.

"If that jerk can control gems, then bakit hindi rin special student si RB?" gulat na tanong ng isa pa naming kaklase na si Gael.

Naalala ko bigla 'yung sinabi sa 'kin ni Professor Evanesca nung tinanong ko siya kung ilang special students meron ang Emerald.

"Dalawa lang kayo sa mga freshmen."

He must be the other student that the headmistress was referring to. Napatitig na lang din ako sa kanya.

"Is he an Elemental Weirdo?" tanong ni Alice.

There's nothing strange with his appearance aside from the shade of his hair. Kadalasan kasi, kapag Elemental Weirdo ka ay may kakaiba sa hitsura mo. Jack has white hair and blue eyes. Cezka has silvery-greyish hair and her eyes are of the same color, too. Si RB naman ay mayroon ngang purplish na buhok at ang isa niyang mata ay purple din ang kulay.

"His eyes did not glow when he returned the attack of RB. There's definitely something strange with him. Our eyes glow whenever we're using an element. Depende pa sa element mo ang magiging liwanag ng mga mata mo," sabi ni Cezka.

"Maybe he's a special case. He's a special student, after all. Hindi na ako magugulat kung may kakaiba sa kanya," sabi ni Tony.

"No. Cezka's correct," sabi naman ni Jack.

"Then what is he?" tanong ni Alice.

Diamond wings sprouted from RB's back before he launched into the air. A rain of diamond spikes suddenly plummeted towards Jared but he just raised his arms as if he's just bored.

Everyone gasped as the hundreds of diamond spikes suddenly stopped in midair. Even though I'm supporting RB, I can't help but be awed and amazed by Jared's move. The sparkling spikes just hovered eerily around him, seemingly suspended in midair by invisible strings.

"WHAT IS THIS?! ESVERON STOPS THE ATTACK OF TALLA! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE! THIS IS BEYOND COMPREHENSION!" sigaw ni Professor Ferrea

"Wow..." bulong ni Jack.

With one mighty swipe of his hands, Jared sent the diamond spikes straight towards RB.

The latter wrapped himself with his wings to protect his body. Napasigaw na lang ako nung na-realize ko ang pagkakamali niya.

"GO BACK TO THE GROUND! DIAMONDS CAN BREAK A DIAMOND-"

The whole stadium gasped when RB fell to the ground. His wings were shattered in different places and broken pieces of diamonds are scattered around him. He grimaced as if in pain as he tried to stand.

"Oh God, he's bleeding..." sabi ni Alice.

RB tried to stand but he fell on his knees; his arms were bleeding from the cuts that he got from the broken diamonds.

Biglang nagsalita si Jared.

"You seriously look like a fallen angel. Man, I wish I was born with the same weirdness as you have," sabi niya.

"What?!" gulat kong tanong.

RB's wings hung lifelessly on his back. He was finally able to stand. Dumudugo na rin pati ang mga tuhod niya.

He stretched his wings wide and the diamonds scattered around the place flew back to him to repair his mangled wings.

"Did I tell you that I was only testing the limits of your weirdness?" tanong ni RB bago siya muling lumipad. He was reduced to a mere blur as he shot towards Jared so quickly.