Chapter 37: Idée Fixe

"ARE YOU READY TO WITNESS THE MOST AWAITED FIGHT OF THE DAY?!" sigaw ni Professor Ferrea.

The whole stadium exploded with cheers and shouts.

"Then let's not prolong our wait! Our first combatant came from class 1-A. And he only fought during the Top 16 battles! Everyone, we give you, Rubio Safiro Talla!"

"Our next combatant also came from 1-A and was perhaps the noisiest name of the day! Everyone's favorite! Ike Vista Lunaria!"

Sigawan na naman ang mga tao.

"Both of our combatants have already earned a total of 310 points. And the last man standing will earn an additional 320 points and will win this year's freshmen's Magical Mayhem! Aside from a total of 630 extra-curricular points, the winner will also be given a trophy and a cash prize worth 100,000 pesos! That's a lot of money, huh?" paliwanag pa ni Professor Ferrea.

"But our second and third placers shouldn't worry! The second placer will win a 50,000-peso cash prize and our third placer will take home 25,000 pesos! They will also receive medals! And according to the rules of the game, the third place will go to the participant whom the second placer defeated! That would be all! Take it now, Franco!"

"Bow to each other, guys," utos niya sa 'min.

Both of us bowed. Pagkatapos noon ay dumistansya na kami sa isa't-isa.

"START!!!"

Crystal wings erupted from RB's back as he launched into the air. He made a slashing gesture with his arms and crystal spikes suddenly plummeted towards me.

"What the-?!" gulat kong tanong bago ako tumakbo palayo.

"Talla attacks right away! And like what I have said earlier, Talla topped the written and weirdness tests and Lunaria ranked second! Talk about rivalry, huh?"

RB suddenly swooped down on me, swiping his hands to my direction. Crystal spikes sprouted on the ground and crept swiftly towards me. I immediately conjured a shield charm to stop the advance of his crystal spikes.

"What the hell are you doing?! Are you trying to kill me?" I said as quietly as I can.

"Our deal was clear," RB replied as he flew in circles above me. "You should win convincingly. I must make the illusion that I'm giving all I have so that the people won't think that this is an easy fight for you."

"Aren't you getting a bit serious? We can just have ground battles! I can't fly, you jerk!" sagot ko naman.

The corners of his lips suddenly curved into a creepy smile.

"If that is what will make Ike happy, then I'll willingly do it," sagot niya bago siya lumapag sa lupa.

RB folded his wings on his back before facing me. He then raised his arms sideways and they suddenly transformed to diamond. RB licked his lips as he walked slowly towards me; his purple eye was glowing blindingly bright.

"Looks like Talla is going to use technique that he used earlier! This is trouble for Lunaria!"

"W-What are you doing?!" tanong ko sa kanya.

But RB just smiled at me. "Fight me now, Ike. Punch me. Hurt me. Make me bleed. I'm all yours now... Come on, I want Ike to make me bleed..." he whispered.

"Stop this! Hindi na ako nagbibiro! I won't hurt you!" sagot ko.

"Then I will make Ike hurt me..." RB replied as he swung his diamond arm towards me.

I conjured a force field to block his attack. RB's punch was so powerful that my barrier actually broke. It's a good thing that I was able to duck right away.