Chapter 66: Culprits and Concealers

I stood bravely in front of RB as I raised my balled hands in preparation for combat.

"For the last time, umalis ka na diyan at pumunta ka na rito. Last call. Kung hindi ka pa diyan aalis ay mapipilitan kaming saktan ka," sabi ng isa sa mga agents.

I just stood firmly as I stared at them.

"We gave you a choice, kid. Don't blame us for what will happen to you," the agent said.

The lampposts around us suddenly creaked and moved. Like metallic vines that suddenly came to life, they wiggled and twisted violently before attacking us.

RB's words suddenly echoed inside my head.

Act natural. Controlling the elements should be as effortless as breathing. Rushing it won't yield any good results.

I stiffened my entire body before punching the ground forcefully. The ground around us rose, forming a towering wall that blocked the attacking lampposts around us.

But the walls around us suddenly collapsed as an agent sent a powerful shockwave towards us. I immediately conjured a force field in front of me to negate the force of the shockwave. I was forcibly thrown backwards as my force field shattered upon impact.

Before I could even stand, three agents suddenly shot towards the sky before sending a barrage of spells towards me. Tinakip ko na lang ang mga braso ko sa ulo ko at hinintay na tamaan ako ng mga atake nila.

But the spells didn't hit me. I opened my eyes and saw that someone is standing in front of me. A glowing barrier has been conjured between us and the agents.

Napahinga na lang ako nang malalim nung na-realize ko kung sino ang nasa harap namin.

We're safe.

"I am very disappointed on how you handle things here. Have you forgotten the first thing that you should consider before attacking someone? Know the entire situation first. You of all people should know when to attack and when not to attack," Professor Evanesca said in a booming voice.

Some of the agents were shocked with the sudden appearance of the headmistress. Some of them even stepped back before looking at each other uneasily.

The headmistress turned around to face us.

"I admire your bravery and strength, Ike. I am sorry if I wasn't able to come to your aid right away. I was with Rubio earlier and I actually escorted him to the cemetery where his parents have been buried. But unfortunately, he suddenly disappeared..."

"Pa'no po siya napunta rito?" tanong ko.

She glanced around us warily.

"There are villains around us, Ike," she whispered. "I'm afraid that the villains who kidnapped Rubio before are now trying to take away RB again," sagot niya.

"Si RB... Can you help him?" tanong ko pa.

The headmistress glanced at RB who was still furious behind us. She pointed her hand to him before reciting a spell.

"Cauma..."

The headmistress' hand glowed green as black smoke escaped from RB's body. The diamonds on his body slowly receded as his glowing purple eye gradually dimmed. The helixes of crystals revolving around him collapsed and fell with a clatter on the cement.

RB suddenly also fell to the ground, gasping and coughing for air. He then glanced around us in surprise.

"P-Professor..."

Agad akong lumapit sa kanya bago ko siya niyakap nang mahigpit. RB hugged me back as tears fell from his eyes.

"Don't do that again, okay? You made all of us worried," I said.