Chapter 109 Maha Chapter

Start from the beginning

I saw the grandfathers descending down the stairs.

"Woof." Came the excited bark from one corner of the room and I saw Pappu holding Kitty in his arms.

"I will bless her from my room." I heard Nanu's voice and smiled despite the current situation.

"Sharma just shut up and come down." Shishir's grandfather's voice came down.

"It's him. It's him. Oh my God it's him." Varsha bhabhi exclaimed looking at all of us her eyes almost round with surprise.

"Bhabhi you have met him right?" I asked.

"Only once for two minutes when Vikram had taken me to their village house to meet him after our marriage. He had called me into his room, blessed me and that was all." She said looking nervous. "I think I will faint."

"Varsha no!" Vikram bhaiya warned just as the two men finally alighted.

Vikram Bhaiya and his father were the first ones to reach Dadaji and I stood there watching as they emotionally met.

"Woof woof."

"Sharma stand still."

"I want to go to the bathroom. I will come back in five minutes."

"Stop lying and don't be so scared."

"I am not scared. Will you leave my hand?"

"You are very scared and no I will not leave your hand. Now behave yourself. Kids are watching."

My poor Nanu. I looked on as one by one the Mehrotra's met the oldest Mehrotra and he nodded at them grimly while he and my grandfather continued their conversation.

Most unique reunion this has to be.

At last it was Varsha bhabhi's turn. As she bent down to touch his feet respectfully he placed his hand on her shoulders and smiled warmly at her "The quality of this generations Daughters in law is better than the previous one." He quipped looking pointedly at his two daughters in law who went red in the face.

He definitely does not mince his words or care about his surroundings!

"Pappu hold him tightly." Nanu exclaimed his attention solely on Kitty "Um- someone may step on him you know." he added looking around.

"One more word and I will place him on your lap Sharma."

"Your family is here, why don't you leave with them and go home?" Nanu glared at his friend.

"Nope. I am staying here."

"But Papa-" Raghunath uncle started saying but his father hushed him "Are you going to start the Roka or not?"

Paresh's phone rang just then "Hello bhai- oh."

Was he going to say bhaiya? is it Shishir?

"But how? No= Hello-"

"Who is it?" Raghunath uncle asked.

"Um?" he looked at him "Er- a senior colleague."

"Can we start now?" Nanu asked impatiently.

"No!" Paresh exclaimed and everyone looked at him in shock "I I mean what is the rush? Let's eat first."

"Psresh!" his mother glared at him.

"Tea. I want to have tea right now." He said looking around desperately and my heart danced.

Is Shishir on his way here?

He came and stood near me.

"Here. Drown in this cup." Prema whispered as she shoved a cup towards him.