Chapter 109 Maha Chapter

Start from the beginning

"We don't know." Charles shrugged.

"But we want to know." Danny smiled happily looking thrilled.

My phone rang just then and I answered right away. "Shishir-" the phone was plucked from my hand.

"Don't disturb us young man. We are here for an important ceremony." Danny said looking totally delighted that Shishir was left out of all this.

"Danny I need to talk to him." I protested trying to snatch the phone back.

"Nope. Not now." He said putting the phone on silent and away in his pocket.

"Let's go." Charles said pulling me by my hand and I sighed and followed him.

"Oh you mean Roka ceremony?" Prema exclaimed and I almost tripped and fell down on hearing her.

"Yes!" Danny confirmed and I froze.

My Roka ceremony!

My Roka for Shishir.

"Hey Suvarna why the tears?" I heard Danny's gentle voice.

"This Coca- Roka- is a good thing right?" Charles asked and I nodded wiping my tears away. I had not even realised when I had started crying!

"It is like- now the boy and the girl have been 'booked' for each other for marriage." Prema explained placing her arm on my shoulder.

"Oh so it is like Indian engagement ceremony?" Danny smiled understanding.

"Yes." Prema answered.

"So these are happy tears." Charles smiled and I nodded.

Happy- oh yes. But also stunned at the suddenness of it.

"There she is." I heard Kamya Aunty say as I still stood where I was.

I moved forward. Why is Shishir not here? "Please message him." I whispered to Danny and he nodded smiling as he gave me my phone and I hurriedly unlocked it.

Nimmt Aunty came forward a hugged me as I neared them "I am so happy Suvarna." She said kissing my forehead.

"Pandijit- the priest said late last night the mahurat - auspicious hour was early morning today so we came so early unannounced." Varsha bhabhi told me as she came to hug me.

"We will go to your place after this." Anju Mami said smiling. "For the ritual for Shishir."

"Paredh go upstairs and call-" My uncle started to say.

"Oh your father is here? He has returned from the village?" Paresh's father asked.

"And yours as well." My other uncle, Pushpa Masi's husband said.

The room went silent.

"What?" Raghunath uncle asked.

I exchanged a stunned glance with Prema. They do not know Shishir's grandfather is here?

"Your father arrived here yesterday morning with Anuj. Psresh dropped them here." Samrat Mama replied looking confused.

The silence surrounding us with the stunned looks around was enough to confirm they had no idea.

Oh God.

Other than Shishir's parents and Paresh who had met him in London, rest of the family had not met him for years now!

"Papa is here?" Lakhan Uncle Paresh's father choked looking happy and emotional.

"Oh no! I mean oh great." Kamya Aunty said looking shocked. "No no I am happy. It is just that after so long and why here?" She continued in a rush when others looked at her pointedly