Soulmates?

This one may be a bit lengthy :3

All alone. Always just me. Walking down the halls, mainly by myself. Everyone else has found their 'special person' or a soulmate. Everyone has a special marking or tattoo on their arms. Your soulmate has the other half, and whenever you're close to them it glows. I'm a senior in university and still haven't found mine, normally you'd find them when your 18. Everyone walks holding hands in theirs, the special marking glowing.

My marking is the letter 'D' standing for my initial, it's got circles and weird prints around it. I haven't found my soulmate yet. Many of my friends have, they've abandoned me since they've found their true love. The sound of love disgusts me because I'm never going to find mine.

"Oof." Said the boy who I accidentally ran into.

"I'm so sorry, here let me help you." I said reaching my hand out to help him up.

"The name's Dan." I said.

"Phil." He replied dusting of his shirt.

"Are you new here?" I asked.

"Yeah, could you show me where the art room is?" He asked.

"I was heading that way just follow me." I said.

I was walking down the hall Phil beside me, I couldn't help but to notice he was looking at my marking.

"Whatcha staring at mate?" I asked.

"Your marking, it looks like mine." He answered, I never noticed.

"Really?" I replied. I then held out my arm and his marking did match up perfectly to mine. But I've heard of duplicates the only way you could actually know if they are your soulmate unless you kiss them.
I pulled Phil over toward the hall where no one was.

"W-what are you doing?" He asked, he seemed more confused than scared.

"Do you think we're soulmates?" I asked.

"I mean it's possible but I don't know." He said.

"You do know, there's a possible chance we are or may-" Phil cut me off by kissing me, I opened one of my eyes and looked down at my arms he mark was glowing.

I pulled away from the kiss in shock.

"Did you see it?" I asked.

"No, but I felt it, so we're soulmates." He said.

We continued talking, we held hands on our way to class. I've finally found my soulmate.

I feel like this is cringey but it deleted half of what I had wrote but this is what Ive continued it to be since idk what I originally wrote. Plus kids are throwing a small basketball in my homeroom and knowing my luck I'm going to be hit.