32| Complications (Pt. III)

Mulai dari awal

"Oh, I... didn't expect that." I say. "It's okay, Lauren, don't worry about it. I'll find a way to make her realize that what she's doing is wrong and break up with him." She says and I nod stupidly. "Okay." I say.

We say goodbye before the line goes dead. I run my fingers through my hair as I throw my phone on my bed and continue to walk around my room. I'm even more worried now. Camila's really stubborn when it comes to Austin and I'm not exactly sure if she's going to listen to her mother if she tries to speak to her about this again. This situation is hopeless.

I hear a knock on my door minutes later. "Yes?" I say and the door opens revealing my little sister, Taylor. "Lauren, mom's calling you downstairs for lunch." She says and I nod. "I'll be down in a sec."

She nods and closes the door. I sigh and sit down on my bed for a minute before finally getting up and making my way downstairs. Guess this'll have to wait for later.

I make my way to the table where my mother and my brother, Chris, are sitting and sit down. Taylor comes a moment later and sits next to me.

I stir my soup blankly as my siblings converse with my mother about random stuff and I think about the danger Camila's currently in. I don't know if she'll listen to anyone and break up with Austin. If she only knew what she's throwing herself into. I know that I'm over thinking the situation right now but I'm seriously worried about her.

"Mija?" My mother says, interrupting the flowing of my thoughts. "Hmm?" I look up at her. "What's going on? Are you alright? You've been zoning out a lot lately." She says and I shake my head. "I'm fine, really."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I am." I say as I drink some water. "Excuse me." I get up from the table. I go upstairs to my room and grab my phone. I never thought I'd do this but I text Ariana.

[1:18 p.m.]
Me: Hey Ari do you wanna hang out today? xxx

She replies almost immediately.

[1:18 p.m.]
Ariana😒: sure Starbucks? xx

[1:19 p.m.]
Me: sounds cool meet ya there in 10 xxx

[1:19 p.m.]
Ariana😒: k bye :) xxx

I lock my phone and shove it in my pocket before slipping on my white Converse and heading downstairs.

"I'm going out with a friend. Call me if you need anything." I tell my mom. "Sure, mija. Just don't be out for too long." She says. "Okay." I say then head out the door. I really need to get my mind off things.

......................

Camila's P.O.V.

I hear a sudden knock on the door as I'm watching The Vampire Dairies. "Come in." I say. The door opens revealing my father. I smile when I see him and turn down the volume. "Hey, dad."

"Hey, sweetheart." He says as he sits on the edge of my bed. "Look, mom told me about what happened earlier and I know you're upset. But we're really, really worried about you, Camila, and we want what's best for you. And clearly Austin is not." He says and I roll my eyes. "Dad, please. If you're going to lecture me about this like mom did, then please know that with due respect towards you I'm not going to listen."

"Sweetie, I'm not going to lecture you. I'm only going to warn you, from him. The Mahones have been our rivals for many years, as you're mother has told you, and they can't be trusted. You have to realize that Austin's using you because I don't want you to get hurt. After all, you're my little girl and the future heir of the company. All I want is for you to be safe and happy. And I don't think that Austin is who you're looking for." Dad says and I shake my head.