King!England x Fem!Reader-Royalty

Start from the beginning

My phone dings with a message, I got a new follower on Instagram. Nothing special but I want to look at something before I sleep. I open up their account and their name is Tea_Lover21. Huh weird. They don't have their name on their account, just a bunch of tea photos.

I also see on my Instagram they there is a ball in the castle. Of course commoners can't go without an invitation so I immediately get an idea. I'm going to sneak in and make a video. It's not like they can arrest me or anything. Oh well, the royals probably won't see it, as if they watch YouTube.

*Time skip to the ball*

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.
I am so relieved that this is a masked ball. That way no one will realise that I, not supposed to be hers.I slip on my dress has a silver torso made out of fake diamonds with a (f/c) floaty skirt. I slip on a (f/c) mask and pull on my shoes.

I start walking to the palace with my video camera in hand. I turn it in and hit record.

"Hey guys, so today I'm going to sneak into the royal palace to attend a ball" I say "We all know that it's horrible to have leaders of a country that barely care and now they are having parties that we can't go to? Well I'm going to give you all a look as to what is going on inside these parties"

I switch of the camera one I walk into the palace. There is a big group of men and women walking through the front gate by the guards. I tag along with them while the invitations are checked. They didn't seem to count how many people are there so I got in free. As we walk up the stairs someone from the group seems to be staring at me. They have realised that I'm not with them.

I freeze and see them walking towards one of the guards. Without missing a beat I silently slip away and hide behind a podium. That's one bullet dodged. The guards are checking invitations for a second time so I need to find a different way in. I find a door and open it silently. It seems no one is inside.

I slip in and begin walking through the always. I can see a bunch of masked people walking one way so I follow them, they see, to know where they are going, I slip my mask on and walk through the big doors that lead to the ballroom.

Inside I am met with the sight of champagne, black caviar and truffles. There is a massive cake with gold leaf all over it. There is even some of that desert caviar that's super expensive. I pull out my camera and film everything I see. I try to hide the camera to avoid suspicion.

"What are you filming love?" A voice from behind me says

I turn around and stare at a man with shaggy blond hair and through his mask I can see that he has green eyes, like emeralds.

"Uhh I don't know what you are talking about?" I reply

"I can see the camera." he points out

I shove the camera back in my clutch and try to walk away. He grabs my arm and turns me around.

"Wait, have I seen you somewhere before?" He asks

"Uhh I don't think so." I reply smiling

I look into his eyes to show my honesty but I realise that I actually do know him. He is King Arthur. Oh my god I can't believe I'm talking to the king. This might not end well if he realises I'm not actually invited.

"Hmm, are you sure? Not at another ball?" He asks

"Yeah I'm sure, I should really be-" I start to say but I'm cut off

"Well would you care to dance?" He offers

I can't just reject him, but I don't know how to dance.