Someone Like You

Veston/Vikklan

~~~

"I've heard that you've settled down; found someone who you truly loved and married him. I also heard your dreams came true. I guess he was able to give you what I wasn't able to give you. I finally got the chance to see you; but to be fair, it was on the screen. You looked so shy. What happened to the outgoing guy I fell in love with? I know this is really out of the blue but I couldn't stay away. I still loved you. I was hoping you would see my face and be reminded that I'm still here and that I'm not through with loving you.

But you know what, nevermind. I'll find someone like you. I'll wish the best for you. Don't forget me though! Please. I remember everything you said to me that night, but one thing stuck out: "Sometime it last in love, but sometimes it hurts instead."

I guess time really does fly you know. It seems like only yesterday we were walking down the street; holding hands and having the time of our lives. Both raised in the summer sun and bound together by our younger days; the golden age of our lives.

Again, I know this is sudden, but I just wanted to talk to you again. To hear your voice one last time before it's finally over for me. But nevermind. I'll eventually find someone like you. I'm doing this because you seem so happy with who you chose; and I only want you to be happy and I only want the best for you. And as for me, I'll be okay. But like you said: "Sometime it last in love, but sometimes it hurts instead."

It really does hurt you know. Losing you was something I never wanted to do. But all the regrets and mistakes are just memories now. Who would've known how bittersweet this experience would taste; because I sure didn't.

I'll find someone like you one day. For now, I wish you the best. I hope your new live works out better than ours. Remember: "Sometime it last in love, but sometimes it hurts instead."

"Vik? Who are you talking to?" My boyfriend asked as he walked into the living room with two cups of hot chocolate.

"Oh it's, just an old friend Preston." I said, smiling up at him. "Went straight to voicemail."

"Oh alright. Crap I forgot the marshmallows! Be right back babe." Preston said as he ran back into the kitchen.

"Goodbye Lachlan." I said into the voicemail. "I've finally found someone like you."

And that's when I hung up for good.

~~~
Okay, a little help: Each paragraph is each time Vik called Lachlan and went to voicemail to leave him a message. So Vik called 6 times. Each time saying how he was trying to get over their love.

Anyway. Yeah. Number three of sad one shots is done. It's currently 3:30 A.M. when I'm writing this.
I should probably sleep. Yeaaaaaah XD
Sya next time guys!

~Mia