Two Hands Up

Hey guys welcome back! Hope you all enjoy this one shot and I will try to write chapters for my stories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~3rd Person POV~ Age 7

Up on a hill sat two very different boys; both watching the same sunset. One boy, smiled as he watched the sun slowly dip beyond the horizon; his furry friend watching with a content look on his face.

"Hey Jerome?" One boy asked; gaining his friends attention.

"Yes biggums?" The bacca boy known as Jerome replied.

"Friends forever?" The boy asked as he held up is hand; palm facing Jerome.

"Friends forever." Jerome said as he put his paw against his friend's hand. "Now can we play pretend?"

"Yeah! Let's pretend we're in the hunger games!" The boy exclaimed as he grabbed a tree branch and playfully stabbed at Jerome.

"Hey! No fair Mitch! I wasnt ready!" Jerome laughed as he grabbed his own stick and playfully attacked Mitch.

Mitch and Jerome laughed as the continued to play up on that hill. But what neither boy was expecting, was soon to happen.

~Time Skip~ Age 12

"We, the humans, declare war on the baccas!" The lord of all humans, Mitch's father, exclaimed to Jerome's father; who was leader of the baccas.

Both twelve year olds looked at each other sadly. Both held tightly onto the dog tags around their necks; a gift from the other.

In their minds, both vowed to never harm the other. This war would not destroy their friendship; and they would make sure of it.

~Time Skip and Mitch's POV~ Age 18

"Lord Hughes, the baccas have sent a message." A servant explained as he handed my father a letter.

Looking over his shoulder, I could barely male out the hastily written letter which said:

This war has gone on long enough. Meet us at Morgan's Cove where we will have our final battle to see who wins.
Sincerially,
Lord Aceti.

"Mitchell, tell the army to prepare. We leave at sunset." My father said to me as he placed the letter on his desk. "You shall lead the attack while I stay here. Now go."

"Y-yes father." I said quietly as I walked out of the room; head down.

Ever since I was able to participate in this war, my father has placed a lot of unwanted pressure. He wants me to carry on his legacy of murdering the baccas but I don't want to. When I told him, that was when the abuse started. He treated me harshly; like a soldier. I never wanted this.

"Servant, please go spread the word. We leave at sunset to Morgan's Cove to meet with the baccas. Make sure they're prepares." I told one of the passing servants; who nodded and began to make her way through the camp to the soldier quarters.

As soon as the servant was out of sight, I walked to my private quarters and sat on the bed. My hand gently pushed at the bruise under my eye; the newest injury courtesy of my father. I winced as I pulled away and rested my hand on my dog tags that sat hidden under my shirt.

'I miss you biggums.' I thought as I pulled the tags out of my shirt and stared at the words 'BajanCanadian' engraved into the metal. Jerome had one just like mine, only with his name engraved into it.

'I promise, I will end this war. I will be able to see you again and tell you what you mean to me.'

~Time Skip~