What Hurts the Most~ Rewrite

>:D Prepare to be hit with the feels 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'M DONE WITH THIS MITCH! I LOVE HER AND YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT! WE'RE ENGAGED AND THAT'S THAT!"

SLAM

Tears streamed down my face as I threw my fist at the wall; angered by my own emotions. We've had a few fights like this before, but now he's gone forever. Just earlier today, Jerome had told me he had asked his girlfriend, Jana (MADE UP), to marry him.

I've never liked Jana; and I think the others did too. We've all told Jerome about it, but he just blows us off. Everyone has drifted away from Jerome; telling me I need to get him to understand our point of view. In the past, Jerome would've listened to me. But since he's been with Jana, he's grown apart from everyone and barely listens to what I have to say. We've been best friends for years and years; but I guess that our friendship is over now.

Tonight is when I show the world how I feel. Tonight, all the guys will be gathered at the Florida celebration. No one knows this, but I was chosen to be one of the special guest singers; considering I sang pretty well with Endstone. Jerome and Jana will also be there; which makes me hope he will get my message.

A ringing sound filled my ears, causing me to pull out my phone and answer it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Mitch! How'd your talk with Jerome go?" Preston asked through the phone.

"Horrible. He's engaged to her Preston. He's done with me. It hurts Preston." I said, tears still spilling down my face.

"Calm down Mitch. You still have us!" Preston said, trying to cheer me up.

"I know. But Jerome was different." I said, sliding down the wall. "I loved him to death. I STILL love him. But he's gone and dated another; after I told him my feelings for him. He hates me because I love him. I tried to tell him everything, but he won't listen. I've lost him forever."

"Try not to worry dude. I'm sure you'll find someone else. I've gotta go, so I'll see you at the celebration tonight?"

"Yeah." I told him. "See you then."

I hung up the phone and tossed it to the side before putting my head in my hands. Blood dripped down my fist from punching the wall earlier; but I could care less. The emotional pain was stronger than the physical.

Tonight's the night Mitch. This might be the last time you'll be able to show Jerome how much you love him.

~Time Skip~

It was almost time. The Finale was coming up next; which was me. 

Peeking through the curtains, I could see the guys standing near the front looking around; most likely for me. A ways away from them, I could see Jerome and Jana talking with smiles present on their faces. A tap in my shoulder pulled me away from the curtain to come face to face with the stage manager.

"Okay son, you're up in two minutes. You can go out and talk to the crowd for a second while we get the music all set up. That good with you?" The man asked.

I nodded.

"Yes, thank you." I said, giving his hand a shake before walking out on the stage with a microphone in hand.

Cheers broke out from the crowd as I walked into the main spotlight of the stage; bringing everyone's attention to me. The guys of the Pack pointing and waving to me. I waved back slightly as I watched Jerome out of the corner of my eye. The smile he had on was gone; replaced by a confused expression.

"What's going on dudes? My names is Mitch Hughes and I am the final guest star singing tonight. I hope you've all had an amazing time here so far. While they get the music ready, I'd like to say something." I took a deep breath. "For a few years, I've been dealing with some pain. I fell in love with my best friend, but he couldn't return it. For years I've been depressed; trying to show him how much I loved him. To this day, I still love him. But he's gone and gotten engaged to another. This song, is about how much it hurts to see him walk away."

I nodded to the technician and took a deep breath as the music began to play.

*Play Song*

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don't bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let 'em out
I'm not afraid to cry every once in a while
Even though goin' on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I'm okay
But that's not what gets me

What hurts the most was being so close
And havin' so much to say
And watchin' you walk away
And never knowin' what could've been
And not seein' that lovin' you
Is what I was trying to do

It's hard to deal with the pain of losin' you everywhere I go
But I'm doing it
It's hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I'm alone
Still harder gettin' up, gettin' dressed, livin' with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade, give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken

What hurts the most was being so close
And havin' so much to say
And watchin' you walk away
And never knowin' what could've been
And not seein' that lovin' you
Is what I was trying to do, oh

What hurts the most was being so close
And havin' so much to say
And watchin' you walk away
And never knowin' what could've been
And not seein' that lovin' you
Is what I was trying to do

That's what I was trying to do, ooh

As the song came to a close, I took a deep breath and looked Jerome straight in the eyes.

"I love you Jerome. Don't ever forget that." I said as I reached behind my back and felt the familiar cold handle. "See you later biggums."

Pulling out the gun, screams filled the area as I placed the gun to my head and pulled the trigger.

~3rd Person POV~

The crowd watched as blood splattered all over the stage; the body of Mitch flopping to the ground. The Pack sat in horror as they stared at Mitch's body; shocked and scared at what they just witnessed. Jerome took this the hardest. Sobbing could be heard from him as he fell to his knees. 

This was over two years ago.

Now, Jerome was sitting on the roof of his house that he shared with the guys. After Mitch's death, he finally saw the light and left Jana. He begged the guys for forgiveness; which he got as well as sympathy.

Mitch watched from above, glad that his message got through to Jerome. At least his death wasn't in vain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah. This was fun to write. :)

Hope you were hit by the feels!

~Mia