Daylight~Poofless

So this is a republish/rewrite because I don't remember everything. XD

Also, I wanted you guys to know that Eve_Shadow_Wolf made a sequel on her one shot book so go check her out! Now, on to the one shot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Rob's POV~

I call it a curse.

Everyone says its a huge honor to become Notch's personal guard.

I say otherwise.

I had to leave behind my family, friends, and most importantly; Preston.

We were 18 years old when I confessed my love to him. Now, at age 20, I was forced to become Notch's guard. I had no say in the matter.

Both me and Preston were devastated. I was moved to the Aether could not see Preston.

So Notch allowed us to see each other. For one night every year I would be sent to the over world to see him. But as soon as daylight hit my skin, I was transported back to the Aether; to wait another year.

But this year was different.

"Ah! Rob. Come in. I have news for you." Notch said as I walked into his private study.

"What news do you have sir?" I asked, pulling off my diamond helmet and running a hand through my dark brown hair.

"It's not good news if that was what you were hoping for." Notch said, lowering his head. "Herobrines attacking the Aether. To protect the citizens, we must close all passages into, and out of the Aether. Until Herobrine has been dealt with, no one will be able to leave. Not even you."

"B-b-but, that means...."

"You might not see Preston again." Notch said, cutting me off.

I put a hand to my mouth as I held in a sob. Tears streamed down my face as I looked at Notch.

"Do I at least get to see him one more time?" I asked.

"Yes. Tonight will be your final night. Do you wish for me to tell him?" Notch asked, standing up and walking over to place a hand on my shoulder.

"No. I should be the one to tell him." I said, wiping my eyes.

"Of course. Are you ready?" Notch asked.

"Yes. I am."

Notch nodded as his hands glowed white. The same colored mist surrounded me as I closed my eyes. A 'whoosh' was heard before I opened my eyes again.

It was just barely turning dusk as I looked around at the flower field just behind Preston's house. I smiled slightly once I saw the house in the distance; with a figure dancing in one of the lit up windows.

I smiled I as walked towards the house; my hair waving in the wind. 

I walked up to the house and quietly opened the door. I tiptoed into the living room to find Preston dancing and humming along to a song on the radio. 

*Play Song*

I crept up behind Preston as another song came on and grabbed his hands; scaring him slightly. He relaxed once he saw it was me and began to sway his hips along with the music. I followed along and began to twirl Preston around.

He laughed as we danced around his living room; twirling each other around. I kissed his nose, causing him to giggle.

As the song ended, I picked Preston up; causing him to wrap his legs around my waist. Preston placed his lips on mine as I held onto Preston. I kissed back immediately and smiled into the kiss slightly.