How to Save a Life

So, I'd like to thank my friend David for this idea. XD

So this is a Vikklan one shot and its another sad one. I promise the next few ones will be happier!

Anything in italics is memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~3rd Person POV~

"Why?" He asked quietly to no one in particular. "I loved you so much Vik. Why'd you have to go?"

The wind blew through Lachlan's hair as the sun hid behind the clouds; as if it knew of the terrible death that had occurred not long ago. No happiness was present in the air. Everyone had tears running down their faces and sullen looks as well.

"Lachlan, it's time for us to go. You going to come?" Preston asked as he laid a hand on Lachlan's shoulder; Rob right beside him.

Lachlan shook his head. "No, I'd like to stay here a little longer." 

"Okay. Call us if you need a ride." Rob said as he and Preston walked away from the grave.

Eventually Lachlan stood alone, staring at the grave of his lover. The tears wouldn't stop rolling down his cheeks; blurring his vision slightly. Sitting down next to the grave, Lachlan let a small smile climb onto his face.

"I remember the day I first met you. It was Rob and Preston that introduced us. You could say it was the best day of my life."

"You ready for Minecon Lachlan?" Rob asked as the two got out of Rob's car.

"I'm nervous if that counts." Lachlan said as he threw his shaking hands into his pocket. "This is my first year remember?"

"I know Lachlan. But hey, you get to meet Preston and his friend for the first time in person!" Rob exclaimed happily.

"Yeah. I guess so. Where are we supposed to meet them again?" Lachlan asked as they entered the event center.

"They said over by the West entrance. Oh hey look! There they are! Preston!" Rob exclaimed, waving his hands towards a brown haired male.

"Hey Robbie!" Preston said as the two stopped in front of him.

"Hey, I'd like you to meet Lachlan. Came all the way from Aussie land." Rob said, introducing the taller male.

"Hey there! I'm Preston. And the dude behind me is Vik." Preston said as he stepped to the side to allow a short Indian boy to be seen before he ran back behind Preston.

"Hey Preston, these guys want a photo with Poofless!" Rob said as he stood next to three young girls.

"I'm coming!" Preston said, leaving Lachlan and Vik together alone.

It was silent for a few minutes before Lachlan decided to speak up.

"Soo, hey I'm Lachlan." He said, turning to the male beside him.

Vik smiled slightly as he looked up at the tall male.

"I'm Vik."

"Hey Vik. Remember that time I accidentally kissed you? That was both the greatest and scariest moment of my life. I remember it so perfectly."

"Come on Lachlan! Mitch and Rob are beating everyone!" Vik exclaimed as he skillfully stopped his skiis.

"But they're Canadians! How is an Aussie, two Americans, and a British Indian supposed to beat them?" Lachlan asked as he stood up from falling yet again.

"We can try! I at least want to beat one of them!" Vik said as he and Lachlan began to ski again.

"There is no way we're beating them Vik. Preston and Jerome maybe, but not the two Canadians." Lachlan told the smaller.

"Well then. If I can't beat them, I'll beat you!" Vik said as he sped off away from Lachlan.

"Hey! No fair!" Lachlan said as he sped up.

The two smiled and laughed as they began to race each other down the slopes. They sped past other people and maneuvered around so they wouldn't hit any trees. It wasn't until they were almost to the bottom when it happened. Lachlan was behind Vik by only a few feet. But Lachlan's ski got caught on a snow pile; sending him flying into Vik and crashing to the ground.

What neither boy expected, was Lachlan trying to sit up at the exact time Vik looked up; allowing their lips to connect. Both boys sat shocked for a second before both boys closed their eyes and melted into the kiss.

"That was a fun day. Everyone was happy we finally kissed, those jags." Lachlan said as happy tears ran down his face. "Do you also remember the day we all went to the pier? Where I proposed?"

"I say we go to the dock for the firework show. I heard that's one of the best places to watch the fireworks." Rob said as he wrapped his arm around Preston's shoulder.

"That sounds like a great idea Rob." Mitch said as he and Jerome linked arms. "After all that excitement on the Ferris Wheel, I'm ready to clam down." (;D)

"That sounds like a really good idea right now." Brandon said as he lent into Mat's hold.

"Alright. Let's go." Lachlan said as Vik jumped on his back. "Come on! Follow the tall Australian!"

Everyone laughed as they followed Lachlan and Vik to the edge of the the dock; away from the noises of the amusement park behind them. The group sat down with their legs over the edge and just stared out at the stars in the sky.

Giving his friend and elbow to the ribs, Preston pointed secretly to Lachlan's pocket; motioning for him to do what they had planned. Standing up shakily, Lachlan began to speak.

"Vik? Can I talk to you for a second?" Lachlan asked as he pulled the shorter up from off the ground.

"Sure. Are you okay though Lachy? You're hands are shaking." Vik asked as he stood in front of Lachlan.

"V-vik. For years now I've been the happiest guy in the world. Just because of you. And well, I've been thinking." Lachlan said as he got down on one knee and pulled out the small velvet box. "Will you make me the happiest man for as long as we live?"

Vik gasped as Lachlan opened the box to reveal a diamond ring and cheers came from the guys. Unable to speak, Vik nodded his head quickly; happy tears streaming down his face. Lachlan smiled as he put the ring on the finger of his new fiance; before pulling him into a kiss.

Behind the group, the fireworks began to explode in the sky; sending the scene into different colors.

"I love you so much Vik. If only I was there to save you from that drunk driver. But I know you wouldn't want me to stay unhappy for the rest of my life." Lachlan said as he stood up from the ground; Vik's favorite flower in hand. "Thanks for giving me the best times of my life. I will forever love you Vik."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ta-da! And here is another sad one-shot.

Like I said, next one will be much happier. Anyway, thanks for reading! And I'll see you all in the next one.

~Mia