Listen to Your Heart

Hey guys! So this is a Poofless one shot. I'm really excited about this XD

Here we go! And yes, I love Nightcore. :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~3rd Person POV~

It was an early Tuesday morning when it happened. After two years of dating, Rob's boyfriend Deric, broke up with him. It caused so much heartbreak in Rob's heart. It felt like a million paper cuts; all right on his heart. Deric was everything to Rob. But he had gone and cheated with another male; which was supposed to be a one night stand.

Rob kept quite though; dealing with this sadness alone. He knew the others would give him unwanted sympathy; and he wanted none of it. He put on a fake smile around everyone. He hated it, but he knew it would be best to go through this faze alone.

No one saw past this fake smile. Well, everyone except a certain Texan. 

Preston had fallen in love with the Flower King long before he started dating Deric; but had no courage to come out to him. Even though he was sad Rob was with Deric, he just wanted him to be happy. When he saw the fake smile, he knew instantly knew something was wrong.

~Rob's POV~

Another day has passed. 

Another wasteful day of doing nothing with my miserable life.

Was it something I did wrong? Am I not good enough?

Those were just some of the thoughts that went through my head as I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling. My room was dark, since it was almost 11 p.m. where I lived. Ever since Deric left me, I've slowly drifted into depression. I've kept a fake smile on when I'm around the guys, but it's fading away as I slowly drift away from them.

My phone sits on my bedside table; nearly dead. I've had no will to charge it. Because I know if I do, tons of texts from the guys will appear; asking if I was alright. I'm not one for asking for sympathy; or getting attention. 

I've barely ate; or have slept. This depression is slowly killing me inside. I'm scared.

I'm scared of this house.

I'm scared of this world.

I'm scared of loving again.

I'm scared to ask for help.

I'm scared of living, but I'm also scared of dying.

Sitting up, I tossed my legs over the edge and set on the edge of my bed; head in hands. Moving my head slightly, I looked at my phone and debated sending the text I dreaded to send. It was already saved there; drafted and ready to send to all the guys. Sighing, I pulled my phone off the dresser and opened it; going straight to the group message and pressing send.

Hey guys.
If you haven't noticed, I've drifted away from all of you. I had.... a slightly good reason to do so.
About three months ago, Deric broke up with me. He had been cheating on me with another man and it seemed he loved him more than me. So he's gone. I thought he was the one. But it turns out I was wrong.
I've spent the last three months cooped up in my bedroom; thinking. I've barely slept or eaten. I gained depression. I've tried my hardest to push out the dark thoughts but I can't. The monsters in my head have grown too strong.
Guys, this is the last text I will ever send. I might send one to my family but I don't know yet. I wanted to give you guys one last thank you.
Thank you Mitch, for being my Canadian brother and Jerome for the great advice you give. To Vikk and Lachlan, for providing comfort in times of sadness. To Kenny, Choco, Mat, and Pete for being some of the best dudes ever. And finally, to Preston; for always being there for me. You were always my best friend. Don't blame yourself guys. I have only myself to blame for this. I couldn't leave Deric in fear I would hurt him. But it seems I'm the one who got hurt. By the time you guys are done reading this, I might already be gone. So, to finish this, I want to say I love you guys.                                                  
                                                              Goodbye guys,
                                                                                              Rob