~What Hurts the Most~ Merome

Hey guys! Welcome to my One-shot book that I decided to create! I hope you all enjoy the very first chapter.

Don't Play Song Until Told To

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Mitch's POV~

I watched as my best friend and crush walked away from me and out of the house. We had just finished arguing about me keeping secrets from him considering he's my best friend. I wanted to tell him, but couldn't in fear he would leave me. But I guess he left anyway. It hurt so much to see him walk away, it practically killed me.

I wanted to tell him what I've been keeping a secret. Only Rob and Vikk knew what was wrong, considering we all had the same problem. We all fell in love with our best friends.

Today, me and Jerome were supposed to go to a talent show that was being held at a theater close by, but I guess I'd be going alone or with Rob tonight. I sighed as a fresh set tears streamed down my face. I grabbed my phone off my bedside table and dialed Rob's number.

"Hey Mitch! How's it going?" Rob answered cheerfully.

"Not good." I replied with a sniffle.

"I'll be over in 5 Mitch." Rob said before he hung up. I let out a small smile as I set my phone down and walked out to the porch to wait for Rob. Aside from Jerome, Rob was always there for me. I thought it was very kind of him.

I was pulled from my thoughts by the sound of a car engine. I looked up from my hands and stared as Rob turned off his car and quickly hopped out of the car. He rushed towards me and pulled me into a big hug, letting me cry into his shoulder.

"There, there. It'll be alright Mitch." Rob said soothingly.

I shook my head.

"How can everything be alright when I lost the only light in my world?" I struggled out between sobs.

Rob sighed before rubbing my back soothingly. A few minutes later, I pulled away and wiped my eyes.

"Thanks Rob." I whispered.

"No problem. Now, what happened?" Rob asked quietly. 

"We.... had an argument. He saw the texts between me, you, and Vikk and instantly got suspicious. So he came up to me. I told him I couldn't tell him, so he got mad and stormed out. After that I called you and now we're here." I told him. He nodded.

Well, is there anything else you need?" Rob asked as he sat down next to me.

"Could you possibly, come with me to the talent show? Jerome was going to come with me, but you know...." I trailed off at the end as he nodded.

"Of course. I'll pick you up at seven okay?" Rob said as he stood up.

I nodded and stood up to pull him into another hug.

"Thank you again, so much Rob!" I said, my voice muffled into his hoodie.

"Of course Mitch, anything for a friend." Rob replied as we pulled away. "I'll see you later okay?"

I nodded and waved goodbye as he got into his car and left, leaving me alone to prepare for what would happen later today.

~Time Skip~

I played with the hem of my red dress shirt as I waited in the driveway for Rob. I waited a few minutes before a familiar blue car pulled into the driveway. I smiled as I got into the back, since Vikk had apparently come down to visit Rob for a few weeks.