Supermarket Flowers

WARNING: FEELS AHEAD!

A Heart That's Been Broken Is A Heart That's Been Loved...

It was a bright summer day, but there was nothing happy about it. A vase of flowers sat lonely on the windowsill; which I gingerly grabbed the vase as set is beside the other things I was to take home. To our home... 

I let out a sad sigh as I grabbed the get-well-soon cards and stuffed animals and placed them neatly inside a box before closing the lid and setting it near the door. A cup of his favorite tea sat in the desk near the bed and it was already a day old. I grabbed the tea, along with a bottle of beer, and dumped it down the bathroom sink.

Walking back into the main room, I grabbed the old photo album and sat on the bed with it in my lap. I let a few stray tear fall from my eyes as my fingers brushed over his name. A sad smile made it's way on my face as I quietly sat there going through all the pictures, the memories, that we shared; the day we met, our first kiss, coming out to our friends, graduating, me proposing...

A fresh stream of tears slid down my face as I quickly closed the book and put it in another box. I stood up from the bed and quickly made it; making sure the pillows were all fluffed and the chairs near it were stacked neatly to one side. A knock sounded from the door as I stood by the boxes and three familiar faces walked in.

"Everything packed Choco?" Preston asked as he walked up to me with a sad smiled; looking sharp in his tux. "And how are you doing?"

"Yes everything is packed." I answered. "And I feel... I don't know..."

"I'm sorry Choco." Preston said as Landon and Mat grabbed the boxes and took them down to the car.

"Why? Why of all people did it have to be him?" I cried as Preston hugged me; allowing me to cry into his shoulder.

"Shhh... It's okay. I don't know why it had to be Kenny who got cancer. But I know he wouldn't want us to mourn, but celebrate his life. And I know, that God is happy to have an amazing guy like him back home."

"I guess you're right..." I said with a sniffles as I pulled away from the hug and grabbed Kenny's sweater; pulling it over my tux. I then followed Preston out of the room an through the hospital to the car; where Landon and Mat sat in it. 

Preston motioned for me to get in the passenger seat, which I did.

"Ready for the funeral Choco?" Mat asked from beside me.

I nodded as I looked at him, tears still falling down my face. Mat gave me a small smiles as he wiped the tears from my cheek and began driving away from the hospital.

I closed my eyes as my fingers absentmindedly played with the engagement ring around my finger.

And When God Took You Back He Said, "Hallelujah, You're Home..."

<><><><>

First Kenoco oneshot and it had to be sad. Also, thank you Will for showing me this amazing song. I absolutely love it; no matter how sad it is.

Anyway, sya all in the next one! Sorry if I killed your feels <3

<>Mia