Chapter 91.

Chapter 91.

The day after from Chapter 90 (and the preceding bonus Chapter).

Shishir's POV.

Having been a lawyer practising since few years and also belonging to a family of lawyers I would have thought I have come across all types of possible trials.

Apparently not, considering the one that was about to unfold itself now was not something I had ever witnessed.

Charles entered the room followed by Danny and Rahul and I raised my eyebrow at them "Should you all be here now?"

I thought I was being suitably sarcastic by reminding them that I had specifically asked them not to be around my apartment today morning and if possible for the next couple of days. Other than Charles of course, He had reasons to be around in the apartment though not in the room.

"We have been summoned." Danny said gravely and sat on the couch next to me and Rahul took up the seat next to him.

"Summoned?" I repeated and he shrugged his shoulder. "Probably since we were also aware about Anuj's alter identity."

Suvi came into the room right then with a tray of snacks.

I looked behind her when Paresh did not make his appearance "Where is he?"

"Who?" she asked carefully placing the tray on the center table.

"You brought in a tray full of special snacks cooked by you and the biggest foodie ever created by God is on not chasing after you?" Charles quipped with a grin.

Suvi laughed "Pushy? No I have hardly seen him since last night." She frowned slightly "In fact even when I was making the Dhokhla he did not appear."

"That is not normal." I said thoughtfully. "I hope he is all right."

"I have seen him couple of times when he was entering or coming out of Anuj's room." Charles said and I looked at him.

"He must be trying to make things easier for Anuj by giving him company." Rahul commented.

"I tried to go to Anuj bhaiya's room last night but he said he was feeling tired and wanted to sleep. I thought he must be all worked up and tensed because of Nanu." Suvi said frowning harder.

Right then Paresh walked in looking rather smug with a subdued looking Anuj, who had a cap covering his now controversial hair style.

Suvi went and hugged her cousin and glared at mine. "What have you been upto since last night?"

"Been busy." The brat answered making it sound important and it raised my suspicion. His definition of important usually did not match with the others' around him.

"You were not even around food." Charles said obviously as curious as the rest of us to know what kept Paresh away from food!

"Charles my man." Pushkar drawled in a serious tone. "Life at times has issues far more important than food."

"Eh? For you?" Suvi challenged "Like what?"

"Patience woman patience."

"Hang patience!"

"Suvarna he was helping me." Anuj said softly and Suvi narrowed her eyes at Paresh.

"What exactly have you done?"

"I have just been my brilliant self." He stated and when he saw Suvi lift up a fork from the tray and advance towards him he blurted in rush. "Show it to them Anuj."