Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

READ: 27.07.17 - 05.08.17

BOOK: Anna Karenina

AUTHOR: Leo Tolstoy

GENRE: Classic

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: Anna Karenina, the wife of a Russian imperial minister, creates a high-society scandal by an affair with Count Vronsky, a dashing cavalry officer. Anna's husband offers her a difficult decision: go into exile with Vronsky and never see her son again or remain with her family and abide by the rules of discretion.

REVIEW: This book took forever to read (I mean it was 850 pages), but it was definitely worth it. I grew completely sucked into the book and the various stories that were occurring. It raised a lot of questions about religion, love, and what is right and wrong which was really interesting and not something I thought would come out of this book.

It did feel like wading in mud at some points, and I have to say the character names did confuse me for a majority of the book. But the story was very compelling and it was interesting to read about this scandal, and about the various love stories within the novel. It touched upon many different aspects of society, and it was much more than a book purely about one woman's scandal.

FINAL VERDICT: I am really glad I finally finished this, and I can't wait to watch the film now! It was actually really entertaining and thought-provoking, and definitely worth the time.

RATING: 8.5/10