Queen Of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas

READ: 05.06.17 - 08.06.17

BOOK: Queen Of Shadows

AUTHOR: Sarah J. Maas

GENRE: YA Fantasy

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: No masters. No limits. No regrets. Celaena Sardothien is cloaked in her assassin's hood once more. She is back in Rifthold, but this time she is no-one's slave. She must delve into her most painful memories and fight for her survival, while resisting a smouldering passion that might very well consume her heart. And she will face her former master- the King of Assassins- to wreak revenge for a decade of pain.

REVIEW: I found this book easy enough to read despite its size (it's around 640 pages), and while I finished it quickly I didn't enjoy this one as much as the other books in the series. To me, it was just too full of so many things happening that it was hard to keep up. However, I still liked the book and I can't wait to see what happens next; the last 100 pages were the redeeming part of the book and have made me really excited to pick up the next book.

My biggest problem with this book is that the characters, notably Celaena and Chaol, were acting in a very out-of-character way in my opinion, and I didn't understand why they were saying or doing certain things. It just seemed really random that after three books their characters suddenly change so much. Without spoiling anything, I also don't like the relationship Celaena is in, and unfortunately I feel like this relationship is here to stay. It just feels forced and unnatural compared to the previous love interests.

FINAL VERDICT: Don't get me wrong, this book was very exciting and thrilling at points, but I wasn't blown away by it.

RATING: 7/10