The Devil And The River by R. J. Ellory

READ: 27.02.17 - 04.03.17

BOOK: The Devil And The River

AUTHOR: R. J. Ellory

GENRE: Crime Fiction

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: One summer evening in 1954, 16 year old Nancy goes missing and was never seen again. Twenty years later, her body is found under the riverbank, perfectly preserved. She's come home. Sheriff John Gaines must find out what happened to Nancy, and is forced to not only confront his own demons but unearth secrets that are darker than he could ever imagine.

REVIEW: I really enjoyed reading this book. As a crime lover, and someone who loves a good thriller, this book ticked all the boxes for me. It's filled with vibrant characters, ones that you won't forget, and the plot is superb. Even when I thought that the plot couldn't develop any more, there was yet another twist that I wasn't expecting that shocked me.

The result of the book was actually a real surprise, and it was perfect example of what a great crime novel should do. The writing was also brilliant, and it's a really easy and enjoyable read for the most part.

FINAL VERDICT: I really liked this book, it was interesting and intriguing and I would definitely read it again.

RATING: 8/10