A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard

READ: 13.05.17 - 14.05.17

BOOK: A Stolen Life

AUTHOR: Jaycee Dugard

GENRE: Memoir

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: 'In the summer of 1991 I was a normal kid. I did normal things. I had friends and a mother who loved me. I was just like you. Until the day my life was stolen. For eighteen years I was a prisoner. I was an object for someone to use and abuse. I don't think of myself as a victim. I survived.'

REVIEW: I loved this book. I already knew a lot about the story of Jaycee Dugard, and had watched a long interview that she had done explaining what had happened to her. In my eyes, she is like a ray of sunshine and this book cemented that idea. She seems like such an intelligent and loving person and I grew to feel very protective about her.

There were times when it was too heartbreaking to read about what happened to her, and I was chilled to bone when she described what that monster did to her. But her positivity shines through, and I was really inspired by her attitude towards life. It made me question the value I placed on my life, and made me want to hug all my family and friends tightly.

FINAL VERDICT: This was such a beautiful memoir, and I found her reflections on the past very insightful. I could not put it down.

RATING: 9/10