The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest by Stieg Larsson

READ: 29.10.17 - 02.02.17

BOOK: The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest

AUTHOR: Stieg Larsson

GENRE: Crime Fiction/ Thriller

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: This is the third and final book in Stieg Larsson's trilogy, and follows a desperate Blomkvist and Salander try and prove Salander's innocence before she is sent back to a psychiatric institute. Will they be successful?

REVIEW: While the book was good, I think it could have been a lot shorter. The pace was slow (much like the first book) and there were a lot of backstories to be explained. As well as this, there were a lot of new characters introduced so you really have to pay attention to book.

In the middle of the book there was a lot of political talk, and many scenes were the police sitting around trying to figure out what to do. While it definitely had some amazing moments, I would admit that it was a slight let down for me. The ending also let me down slightly, I think it could have ended on something more exciting. The trial is by far the best part of this book, and I would recommend reading it just to get to that part!

FINAL VERDICT: While I would say it trailed slightly behind the other books, it was still an interesting read and I would recommend it.

[thats all my Stieg Larsson for now!]

RATING: 7/10