Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert

READ: 22.02.17 - 26.02.17

BOOK: Madame Bovary

AUTHOR: Gustave Flaubert

GENRE: Classic

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: The story follows the dull Charles Bovary who marries the exciting and beautiful Emma Roualt who has a head full of romantic fantasies. After growing bored of her life, the novel follows Emma as she falls into adultery, debt and ruin.

REVIEW: I loved this book so much. So first off, the plot is magnificent. There are twists that I was not expecting, characters that I fell in love with for reasons I can't really describe, and there is a fast pace to the story. You get sucked into this world, into this village, into these lives. I grew to care so much about all of the characters, even when I felt like I shouldn't.

Secondly, the writing in this book is honestly some of the greatest writing I have ever seen. It is so poetic, and gorgeous, and I fell into almost a trance like state while reading it. The writing is definitely a clear reason to read this book, it honestly has changed the way I see prose description.

This is already one of my favourite books, I can't wait to reread it and notice things I haven't this first time.

FINAL VERDICT: READ THIS BOOK! It is amazing in my opinion. That's all I have to say really.

RATING: 9/10